Which of these 3 phones should I go for?

Damikiller37
Go to solution Solved by Damikiller37,

id take the one plus one. though if I were you id do liek me. wait for an invite for the 2 :D

I was going to but the 16GB model is out of stock so even if I had an invite I would only have the 64GB model to go for which is £289 and is a bit too much.

Looks like OnePlus One is the one I will go for :) Thanks everyone! 

So I have a bit of a dilemma since my dad wants a new phone and asked me to help him pick one. He wants to spend about £200 give or take £25. So these are the phones I'm currently looking at:

Alcatel ONETOUCH IDOL 3 5.5 inch 16GB model (Costs £199)

OnePlus One 64GB model (Costs £219)

Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4GB+32GB model (Costs £225)

Here is a comparison for those 3 phones so make sure you look at the right model version according to what I mentioned above:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7081&idPhone2=6327&idPhone3=6917

The storage isn't an issues since even 16GB will be enough for my dad and if he will need more the Idol and Zenfone 2 have SD slots while 64gb on the OnePlus will definitely be enough. He is looking for an all-round good performer just so that he won't have any issue with games, video, web browsing and everyday tasks. Battery life is pretty important but he isn't a very heavy user so he is likely to get through the day on a single charge one any of the 3 phones.

I would have loved to get him the Droid Turbo but it's for US Verizon only :(

I would appreciate feedback from those that have these phones about their experiences and why I should go with one than another. If you have any other suggestions which the mentioned price range feel free to let me know.

Thank you :)

OPO. Best all around.

Asus lacks two most important things on a smartphone in my opinion, screen and battery.

If this was me, I would go with the ASUS for looks lol

Are you serious? Asus looks awful irl, the bezels look like the phone is from 2010.

zenfone-2-comparatif-oneplus-one.jpg

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If this was me, I would go with the ASUS for looks lol

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

dont bother with alcatel, i had one of their cheaper models, and its quite mehh...

All of the devices would be able to do that fine. In terms of battery life though, the OnePlus One is the real winner.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

id take the one plus one. though if I were you id do liek me. wait for an invite for the 2 :D

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I was going to but the 16GB model is out of stock so even if I had an invite I would only have the 64GB model to go for which is £289 and is a bit too much.

Looks like OnePlus One is the one I will go for :) Thanks everyone!