Need an amplifier

SunshineBob

I mean, yeah, I was just trying to fill the op's budget... Plus, you can rack mount the emotiva and it's going to be better for iems (trust me, the SMSL isnt) oh, and the SMSL has balanced out, so you can use XLR instead of RCA. And XLR is the best connector. Also, blue leds!!! Oh, and more inputs/outputs and it comes with a remote control... There are a pretty good number of reasons to get the emotiva :P

Fair enough.

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

Fair enough.

Oh, one more reason: I want one :) (almost as much as you want he-500!)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

The LSR305 don't really need power from an amp. I'm surprised at how loud they can go and I only need a DAC for it. Yeah, I traded my JBL Studio 220's and I'm still honestly surprised that it doesn't need all that power from an amp at all.

Uh, active speakers don't need an external amp...? :huh:

Okay let's raise the budget to 500 bucks. Can I get a decent amp with 500 bucks?

Uh, active speakers don't need an external amp...? :huh:

Sorry, I mean to say "doesn't need all that power" in the first sentence. And I failed to clarify what I said by saying "I only need is a DAC" when I meant that the LSR305's are actually efficient enough that it gets away with minimal power that I could assume that I'm not really using the SA50 at all other than something to plug them on to. I'm guessing they could just run straight off of the PC, I may as well try if it actually runs.

I should lay off the blowjobs... the drink.

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

he-500

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Sorry, I mean to say "doesn't need all that power" in the first sentence. And I failed to clarify what I said by saying "I only need is a DAC" when I meant that the LSR305's are actually efficient enough that it gets away with minimal power that I could assume that I'm not really using the SA50 at all other than something to plug them on to. I'm guessing they could just run straight off of the PC, I may as well try if it actually runs.

I should lay off the blowjobs... the drink.

How are you even connecting active speakers to high-level outputs, anyway? The LSR305 have 40W per driver, they don't need an amp, you shouldn't connect them to an amp, shouldn't be able to connect them to an amp.

How are you even connecting active speakers to high-level outputs, anyway? The LSR305 have 40W per driver, they don't need an amp, you shouldn't connect them to an amp, shouldn't be able to connect them to an amp.

I forgot /s

my bad

I'm bad at sarcasm @.@

Is this any good?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s301/

I think I'm gonna go with this one:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s501/

85W RMS per channel and as far as I have been reading this one is one of the best budget amps out there?

Could anyone recommend some speaker for this amp?

Is this any good?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s301/

I think I'm gonna go with this one:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s501/

85W RMS per channel and as far as I have been reading this one is one of the best budget amps out there?

Could anyone recommend some speaker for this amp?

Looks good.

Budget for speakers?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Looks good.

Budget for speakers?

Around 500 dollars a bit more or less..

Anyone has some recomendations for speakers?

Might be better if you start a new topic for that [emoji14]

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)