Need an amplifier

SunshineBob

Hello. I live in a medium sized room and I want to build myself a decent sound system ti party with friends. No need for 5.1 or 7.1 theather system. I watch movies but I really don't dig that 5.1/7.1 stuff so I want to go stereo. Now I want a good sounding good performing stereo amplifier for my low 300€. What can you guys suggest? I would connect it to my PC using SPDIF connection. Also headphone jack is a must. Also I would love of you guys would recommend me some good cost-effective speakers (not included in 300€ budget). Also I would like that the speakers would have some sort of woofers. Is that possible? I have an ASUS Maximus Hero VII motherboard so that's why I want to connect through SPDIF cause it has one. I heard it's a lot better than USB connection. Is it true?

Hello. I live in a medium sized room and I want to build myself a decent sound system ti party with friends. No need for 5.1 or 7.1 theather system. I watch movies but I really don't dig that 5.1/7.1 stuff so I want to go stereo. Now I want a good sounding good performing stereo amplifier for my low 300€. What can you guys suggest? I would connect it to my PC using SPDIF connection. Also headphone jack is a must. Also I would love of you guys would recommend me some good cost-effective speakers (not included in 300€ budget). Also I would like that the speakers would have some sort of woofers. Is that possible? I have an ASUS Maximus Hero VII motherboard so that's why I want to connect through SPDIF cause it has one. I heard it's a lot better than USB connection. Is it true?

I have small Pyle AMP that does REALLY well for the price.  I paid something like $40 for mine.  Are you saying $300 is the price point for amp and speakers?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

hsv40t_92186.jpg

i still use one of these, because i like the old tube-like sound.

that said, for movies you generally need something a bit more pure, preferably with a powered sub to get that "oomph" when something explodes on screen.

my system for movies is an aging pioneer vsx-c300, which pretty much exactly fits your need, aside for the fact they go second hand for ~€300 it seems :/

they're also getting rather outdated, but i'm sure pioneer has a new version of them somewhere.

how does this one look: http://www.pioneer.eu/nl/products/42/100/42/MCS-FS232/page.html (couldnt set it to english, because pioneer website is a doofus it seems.)

from what i can find on the net it's around your budget, and includes speakers, a sub and a remote.

Jbl lsr305 for speakers. Emotiva xda 2 dac/amp. Buy those and be happy.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

300€ is only for the amp. And speakers I would say 500€...

As for the movie theatre systems. I just watch them but the system would be mainly for music...

Location/site shopping from?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

300€ is only for the amp. And speakers I would say 500€...

Well, the amp I listed is 300usd,so I don't know what that translates into for euro. As far as speakers, I guess I was assuming that the budget would be the same. 500 euro is a great budget for speakers!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Why those? How much power this amp gives out?

Location/site shopping from?

Lithuania. Could buy from another country if I wouldn't find something on here.

Well, the amp I listed is 300usd,so I don't know what that translates into for euro. As far as speakers, I guess I was assuming that the budget would be the same. 500 euro is a great budget for speakers!

300€ is about 340$ as of now.

Why those? How much power this amp gives out?

it gives out enough for just about any headphone you could plug into it. For specifics, just check out emotivas website.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

it gives out enough for just about any headphone you could plug into it. For specifics, just check out emotivas website.

I tried but found no info on specs about how much watts it gives out to the speakers. Speakers is the main thing here.

If you have 500€ for speakers, get the jbl lsr308. You'll need a pair, but each one has an 8" woofer, so you'll get some nice low bass.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I tried but found no info on specs about how much watts it gives out to the speakers. Speakers is the main thing here.

Well, the speakers I'm suggesting here are powered speakers, so as long as the dac outputs a line out signal (which the emotiva does) you don't need to worry about anything else, since the speakers have their own amp in them. Its a better solution until you start paying at least a grand for the speakers and closer to 500 for the amp...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I don't really like self powered speakers cause if something stops playing you have to pkay with tons of glue. And it's like buying a set of creatives or whatever. That's why I want stereo amp with speakers...

I don't really like self powered speakers cause if something stops playing you have to pkay with tons of glue. And it's like buying a set of creatives or whatever. That's why I want stereo amp with speakers...

I don't understand what you're trying to say with the glue thing. Also, it most definitely is not like buying creatives... You are aware that just about every studio and concert ever nowadays use powered speakers? Like any pro application, including live performances use powered speakers.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I don't understand what you're trying to say with the glue thing. Also, it most definitely is not like buying creatives... You are aware that just about every studio and concert ever nowadays use powered speakers? Like any pro application, including live performances use powered speakers.

I was not aware about that haha lol. Okay so are those bad?

Denon PMA-720AE

Yamaha RN301

Why not get those and unpowered speakers? Yamaha can drive 140+140 8 ohms. Is that okay or...?

I was not aware about that haha lol. Okay so are those bad?

Denon PMA-720AE

Yamaha RN301

Why not get those and unpowered speakers? Yamaha can drive 140+140 8 ohms. Is that okay or...?

Thoes would both be good.

Yamaha makes good receiver, not sure about Denon.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The LSR305 don't really need power from an amp. I'm surprised at how loud they can go and I only need a DAC for it. Yeah, I traded my JBL Studio 220's and I'm still honestly surprised that it doesn't need all that power from an amp at all.

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

The LSR305 don't really need power from an amp. I'm surprised at how loud they can go and I only need a DAC for it. Yeah, I traded my JBL Studio 220's and I'm still honestly surprised that it doesn't need all that power from an amp at all.

I know, my point with the emotiva is that it also works as a pre amp (so you can adjust the volume without reaching around the back of the two speakers...) and because it has a decent headphone amp with a 400(?) step resistor ladder for digital volume control.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I know, my point with the emotiva is that it also works as a pre amp (so you can adjust the volume without reaching around the back of the two speakers...) and because it has a decent headphone amp with a 400(?) step resistor ladder for digital volume control.

Uhm... wouldn't the SMSL SD793-II and the SA50 work well along with the LSR305 despite looking janky at an angle?

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

Uhm... wouldn't the SMSL SD793-II and the SA50 work well along with the LSR305 despite looking janky at an angle?

I mean, yeah, I was just trying to fill the op's budget... Plus, you can rack mount the emotiva and it's going to be better for iems (trust me, the SMSL isnt) oh, and the SMSL has balanced out, so you can use XLR instead of RCA. And XLR is the best connector. Also, blue leds!!! Oh, and more inputs/outputs and it comes with a remote control... There are a pretty good number of reasons to get the emotiva :P

Hey! New SIgnature!