Best website to learn C?

Zefues

A website like codecademy to learn C.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

https://www.thenewboston.com/videos.php?cat=14

Edit: not like code academy but very good tutorials. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

why do you want to learn c unless your doing kernel porgramming or gnu utils i cant recomend it. go c++ or c#. but your choice..

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

why do you want to learn c unless your doing kernel porgramming or gnu utils i cant recomend it. go c++ or c#. but your choice..

False. C is a very useful language.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

False. C is a very useful language.

I didnt say it wasnt i was implying its not used for managed runtimes. c++ is mostly used for higher level stuff that isnt kernels, gnu utils, etc as far i can tell anyway.

its the cause most most buffer overflow security bugs too along with c++. you cant even overflow on alot of languages no matter what, but it is necessary never the less.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

I didnt say it wasnt i was implying its not used for managed runtimes. c++ is mostly used for higher level stuff that isnt kernels, gnu utils, etc as far i can tell anyway.

its the cause most most buffer overflow security bugs too along with c++. you cant even overflow on alot of languages no matter what, but it is necessary never the less.

What...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

What...

fine further explanation.

many security flaws are caused by buffer overflows. they only occur on non managed languages such as c and c++ when not managed .net . (java,.net, etc is not usually affectd)

heartbleed was anther buffer flaw. c/c++ stagefright library, etc. they are all caused by an unmanaged language. my point was i under stand c/c++ is needed for some things. I just have an issue with it due to causing bugs like that in its unmanaged state for security purposes.

fine further explanation.

many security flaws are caused by buffer overflows. they only occur on non managed languages such as c and c++ when not managed .net . (java,.net, etc is not usually affectd)

heartbleed was anther buffer flaw. c/c++ stagefright library, etc. they are all caused by an unmanaged language. my point was i under stand c/c++ is needed for some things. I just have an issue with it due to causing bugs like that in its unmanaged state for security purposes.

I'm pretty sure you're just putting a lot of words together in an attempt to sound like you know what you're talking about.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

I'm pretty sure you're just putting a lot of words together in an attempt to sound like you know what you're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow#Choice_of_programming_language

yes its wikipedia and willing be corrected if you can prove you know better.

Just buy a book that's the best thing you could do when you want to learn a language.

Just buy a book that's the best thing you could do when you want to learn a language.

But my library only has outdated coding books from versions way back.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Can you program in another langueage already? If so, you should really consider getting K&R, it's an incredible book to learn C from. Buy it, download a pdf of it, whatever, it's a tremendous book. If you don't have much programming experience then C is a terrible language to start with, Python or Scheme would be much better. Even Java would be better.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Programming-Language-Brian-Kernighan/dp/0131103628

41qX6YdIJ7L._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Here is an interesting free course that starts with some C

https://see.stanford.edu/Course/CS107

They use a stanford library that you can't find for multithreaded stuff though, so learn some pthreads to do the examples from class and from the assignments.

I'll also mention Harvard's CS50. It's an introduction to Computer Science that happens to also use C.

I second this recommendation, CS50 is a great course. You actually get into some pretty advanced stuff in it, like stack smashing attacks. And the course is nice in that you do other languages too. I still think C is much better as a second or third language, but they executed that course very well.