Moving Console to/from Living Room TV and Computer Desk

AlwaysFlexin

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me. The main reason why I even own a PS4 is to play it on the TV for a couch gaming experience. However, whenever my wife is using the TV and I feel like playing the PS4, I'm outta luck. I want a quick and easy way to move my PS4 to my computer desk so I can play on one of my monitors. Do any of you do this? I don't like the idea of disconnecting and reconnecting all the time, actually thinking about purchasing a spare PS4 power cable so I can just plug n play the console.

Thanks!

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

you can actually connect your ps4 to your computer desk , and connect it with hdmi , if monitors are old, u can take adapter vga to hdmi , im using the remote play in psp to my ps3* sometimes 

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

I don't know if there is any sort of streaming system on PS4? Like the new stuff on Xbox One?

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

1. build a small PC with and i3 and a 750 (Ti)

2. use Steam In-Home Streaming

1. build a small PC with and i3 and a 750 (Ti)

2. use Steam In-Home Streaming

He wants to play his PS4 on his computer monitor.  Presumably he already has a computer.  And does Steam now offer streaming from PS4 to PC?

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Basically you already thought of the only semi feasible scenario.   Have a spare HDMI and power PS4 cable around your PC/Desk.  I just gave up tv console gaming as my monitor is much nicer to begin with.

Basically you already thought of the only semi feasible scenario.   Have a spare HDMI and power PS4 cable around your PC/Desk.  I just gave up tv console gaming as my monitor is much nicer to begin with.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the input. 

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

How many times do you use your PS4 with a 4790k+980 ayyy lmaaoo

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

How many times do you use your PS4 with a 4790k+980 ayyy lmaaoo

Madden, 2k, destiny, and COD... that's it. 

Madden, 2k, destiny, and COD... that's it. 

Well yeah, and with Steam Link coming soon you will be able to play all PC games with DS4 in your living room.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't know what the distance between your TV and your computer is but I have a setup at home that works just like you wantt it to.

I have my PS4 hooked up to a 4x2 HDMI matrix, it takes 4 inputs (consoles) and routes it to either of 2 outputs (TV and Monitor).

I have my desk close enough to get away with a 10m HDMI cable though.

PC 1 Workstation/Gaming: Intel i7 5820K, GTX 980 SLI 16GB DDR4
PC 2 Capture/Stream: Intel i7 5820K, GTX 970, 32GB DDR4

Capture card: SC-512N1-L/DVI

Mixer: Behringer X2222USB

Consoles: Mountain of retro stuff

This is why you should of got an Xbox the stream feature is a life saver the only thing I can think of is everything that's been said get extra cables or you could get a psp and stream to it?