[POLL]How many people have actually upgraded to windows 10?

Thebman712

Please answer the poll above.

also if you have any tips and tricks for windows 10 feel free to share them in addition to sharing your windows 10 setups and experiences.

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

updated to windows 10 but uninstalled it after three days. (it SUCKS!!!, constan freezing, random reboots and poor fps in games.)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, turned off A LOT of the privacy concerns, and I don't use Cortana for anything other than search as I don't have a mic hooked up to my desktop constantly as I use it for like four different setups lol.

I haven't really noticed a difference between 8.1 and ten. Other than in 10 sometimes my taskbar gets stuck above fullscreen apps.

I've currently got windows 10 on my main rig, there are quite a few complaints with it that I've got, some of which existed even in windows 8 and 8.1.

For the most part it's all the shitware that M$ installs with windows 10 that you cannot uninstall, and the "System Settings" panel that has like 25% of the control panel moved into it..

Can't forget about all the spying going on with windows 10, rumors of it keylogging you, watching your webcam, and listening to your microphone and sending it all to microsoft, along with other things..

I've also experienced a few issues with windows explorer basically freezing on windows 8 and 10, so it's all still there, it just doesn't do jack shit requiring me to go into task manager and reboot the task..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I haven't upgraded yet. I'll sometime upgrade my mothers old laptop (it needs to be cleaned anyways), to test it out on there. If I like it, I'll upgrade all computers in my house to Windows 10. Probably won't use cortana, I think the seach bar is ugly :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

i am using windows 10 on all of my PCs now and i really like it.

It works good and fast for me. the Edge browser needs some updates though

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

I haven't upgraded yet. I'll sometime upgrade my mothers old laptop (it needs to be cleaned anyways), to test it out on there. If I like it, I'll upgrade all computers in my house to Windows 10. Probably won't use cortana, I think the seach bar is ugly :P

you can change the look of the search bar in the Task bar into a button.

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

Main rig only and Cortana turned off. Gonna stay Win7 Ultimate for a long while on my m11x.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Not going to update for at least 9 months, the bugs are so not worth it. I'm willing to wait it out until the "new software" phase is over, and more ways of disabling M$ spying come out.

I don't do signatures.