Intel display driver issue? I linked a video of the problem

EFD307

I just built this computer and im trying to connect it to 2 monitors, i havent been able to connect to my ASUS VG248. Im using a Z87 Mpower, installed the latest drivers from the MSI website and when they finish installing the monitor turns on and is detected, then it BSOD claiming a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. when i turn the system on the ASUS monitor displays the mobo screen then logs into windows, as soon as it gets to where the sign in screen would be the ASUS monitor turns off and the other monitor comes on as the only monitor. I have started it up in safe mode and uninstalled the HD4XXX graphics and reinstalled them, again both monitors turn on and when i restart its back to just one monitor being recognized. I even tried installing the older driver off the drivers disk with the same results. in device manager if i select roll back drivers both screens work for a few seconds then it BSOD with the same error. Im lost here ive tried using different cables both monitors work when i use them on my laptop and both HDMI ports on the I/O work.

Just tried the drivers from Intel's site and during installation a bunch of process stopped responding and i got

"The instruction at 0x800157e7 referenced memory at 0x0000000. The memory can not be read."

Minidump.zip

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

what are the rest of your specifications?

You say HD4000, thats an iGPU on the processor.
It uses part of your internal RAM as VideoRAM.

Seeing the instruction at referenced memory error. I would say have you tried other RAM?

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

Seeing the instruction at referenced memory error. I would say have you tried other RAM?

MSI Z87 Mpower

16 gig 1866 Corsair dominator platinum

samsung 840 256 gig

wd black 1tb

pc power and cooling silencer mkIII psu 1200 watts

Windows 8 Pro

no gpu yet, im waiting for the 780 lightning to come out in a few days. im running memtest now.

i ran prime 95 for about 18 hours with no problems but i havent been able to fix this display issue. i will try different ram after memtest runs.

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Memtest results were fine, no problems with the RAM

Dump files as explained in this thread please so we can identify the issue.

Upload the dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump in a compressed archive (.zip etc) to the forum using the "Attach Files" button under the editor. This allows us to read the error messages and diagnose the problem effectively and quickly.

HTTP/2 203

Dump files as explained in this thread please so we can identify the issue.

done.

I also took a quick video, its not BSOD anymore but idt the drivers are working. but something isnt working...

Have you tried to see if there is an option in the bios that enables IGPU multi monitor? I think my asrock motherboard has that option somewhere in the bios. That may be the issue.

Have you tried to see if there is an option in the bios that enables IGPU multi monitor? I think my asrock motherboard has that option somewhere in the bios. That may be the issue.

there is and i enabled it.

Have you overclocked? The dump file says you haven't. The first error references a critical hardware error on your cpu, but the others are different. Revert your CPU to stock then try again.

----------

They start off varied but then the last few are all IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO. Do a memtest to check your RAM. On a related note, it's running at 1333MHz not 1866, so change that in the BIOS.

HTTP/2 203

Have you overclocked? The dump file says you haven't. The first error references a critical hardware error on your cpu, but the others are different. Revert your CPU to stock then try again.

----------

They start off varied but then the last few are all IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO. Do a memtest to check your RAM. On a related note, it's running at 1333MHz not 1866, so change that in the BIOS.

I ran memtest earlier today and there were no errors. i re installed windows 8 pro and that did nothing. im trying to install windows 7 now and see if that does anything, i called MSI and they said it sounded like a software problem and told me to try and reinstall the os and try windows 7 and if that didint work to send it back because even after install a deticated card there could be random issues, they also said that tey hvent heard of this problem before T_T. ill update the thread after i change the frequency and install windows 7. hopefully i dont have to send the board back. Thanks for the help though!!

As im installing 7 i see an option in the BIOS to enable windows 8 support -____- i really hope that i didnt go threw all this just to flip a switch and solve everything

ok, so I enabled the XMP profile in the BIOS and the auto value changed to 1866. I also toggled the windows 8 support. I am no longer blue screening but its like the driver I install doesn't save. after installing the driver (Intel VGA  9.18.10.3215) both monitors are up and running and unlike before I don't BSOD. but the problem is that when I reboot to apply the settings it like reverts back to the other driver... I mean I shouldn't have to reinstall this driver every time I start my computer up. im looking into the "windows 8 black screen after login" threads because it seems to be the problem that im having. im not sure if this requires an RMA because I mean everything is working fine right now, the setting just don't stay..

After hours of trying different things I give up, I have no idea what's going on with this thing, it works if I install the driver when I log in but after I restart I have to re install the driver to get it to work again. I ran MSI Live update and everything broke so I did ANOTHER windows install and I have no idea what to do now. I don't have access to a dedicated gpu to see if installing one would solve anything. I called Intel they couldn't help MSI told me that no one else had this problem and they would call me back in 15 minutes....that was over 2 hours ago with no returned call. Is this even cause to RMA a board?

and installing windows 7 did nothing, same problem.

I would say it's a CPU issue, but it seems really odd. See what MSI say if they do call you back, or contact them through live chat/email support.

HTTP/2 203

I installed a Radion HD 7570 from my mothers computer and everything works fine, I think the problem must be with the vga on the board, I was going to wait for the 780 lightning but they just announced it was going to be another 21 days so I ordered a 780 classy, I don't think onboard graphics will mater much once I install that right? I tried installing new RAM as well with no solution. they probably haven't seen this issue at all because who buys an enthusiast mother board and uses onboard graphics for longer then it takes to install GPU drivers. I ran some benchmarks for the integrated graphics and everything came back looking ok, except it showed a 4% lower performance for my 4770k stock vs a 3770k stock on overall CPU performance ... but other then that all the cpu benchmarks were fine, running prime 95 didn't yield anything either. its got to be an issue with the board.... I think ill just wait until my classy gets here and if I have more problems ill look to RMA. Thanks for the help guys!