Looking for a new 1440p IPS monitor.

Sardo

Hi,

Im fairly sure that the topic has gone through these forums lots of times and yet again here i am.

The topic says most of it.
Im currently using U2515H but i decided its time to move on and buy a monitor with a refresh rate higher than 60Hz.
The reason i am doing this is because those 60hz aren't good enough for gaming anymore.
At first i was looking for those UW 34" curved monitors but none of them are at my price point... Well the G-Sync(yet unreleased) Predator isn't....

But I had my eyes set on the Acer XB27HU, however i'm not a big fan of glossy plastic.
And at that price point i was hoping for some eye-candy when its shut aswell.

Ill set my price at 900€.

If anyone can give me some good advice i will be more than happy to listen.

New Build!

#i7-6700k / Asus Z170i Pro / Zotac 980Ti / Silverstone Sugo SG13 / HyperX Savage 2666@CL13 / SS Platinum 650 / TD03-E

#i5-4690K@4,3Ghz / Asus Maximus Hero VII / NZXT Kraken X61 / GTX 980 Ti SLI / FD Define R5 / TridentX 2x8GB@1600 / SS Platinum 860XP /

Have you tried overclocking your display? I have 3x P2416D's and they're all at 120hz with no issues! Might be worth a try before you go dropping money on a new display

What i forgot to mention earlier is that 25" for 1440 is a bit too small in my personal opinion.
So i would rather get a bit bigger one.

But no, i have never tried overclocking any displays.

New Build!

#i7-6700k / Asus Z170i Pro / Zotac 980Ti / Silverstone Sugo SG13 / HyperX Savage 2666@CL13 / SS Platinum 650 / TD03-E

#i5-4690K@4,3Ghz / Asus Maximus Hero VII / NZXT Kraken X61 / GTX 980 Ti SLI / FD Define R5 / TridentX 2x8GB@1600 / SS Platinum 860XP /

Have you tried overclocking your display? I have 3x P2416D's and they're all at 120hz with no issues! Might be worth a try before you go dropping money on a new display

I'm surpried if that actually is showing you all the frames, I can't find anywhere that says you can overclock those monitors. Have you validated it to make sure you're not just dropping frames? I was under the impression only monitors with a single imput (like the korean ones) could be overclocked and the rest just drop frames.

I'm surpried if that actually is showing you all the frames, I can't find anywhere that says you can overclock those monitors. Have you validated it to make sure you're not just dropping frames? I was under the impression only monitors with a single imput (like the korean ones) could be overclocked and the rest just drop frames.

Fully verified with 0 issues, might have been lucky but no dropped frames. If I was to go any higher (issues start at around 126hz) then yes it freaks out or comes up with the "Change input to 2560x1440@60HZ" message.

Fully verified with 0 issues, might have been lucky but no dropped frames. If I was to go any higher (issues start at around 126hz) then yes it freaks out or comes up with the "Change input to 2560x1440@60HZ" message.

Thats cool, I might look into that monitor. My samsung panel from korea only got to 96 hz before I had some colour blue issues on a fifth of the screen.

Thats cool, I might look into that monitor. My samsung panel from korea only got to 96 hz before I had some colour blue issues on a fifth of the screen.

I have an Asus PB278Q that is overclocked to 85 hz.

CPU: 3570K Clocked at 4.5 Ghz | MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro | GPU: GTX 780 SLI | RAM: Corsair DDR3 1600 16Gb | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | PSU: Silverstone ST75F-P 750w | DISPLAY : Asus PB278Q & Dell U2412M | SSD : Samsung 840 240GB | HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | MOUSE : Logitech G700s | MOUSEPAD : Steelseries QCK+ | KEYBOARD : WASD V1 Semi-Custom Cherry MX Blue | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z623 | HEADPHONES : Beyerdynamic Custome One Pro w/ mic. Attachment