[Crucial-refurb] 960GB Crucial M500 2.5" SSD = $179.99, 480GB Crucial M500 2.5" SSD = $99.99

rcarlos243

I'll never buy another ssd that isn't new. A refurbed drive destroyed my machine once and I'll never let that happen again. 

A M500 is not old a M4 would be considered old.

I mean its performance is rather meh (not bad but sub par compared to the bx100/mx200/850evo). I did grab one but only because it was about almost 2x GB/USD of an 850 Evo.

The fact that I run both in my system (m4 and m500) makes me sad :( I need to upgrade 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

sold out guys. I'm kinda sad i missed this... 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The fact that I run both in my system (m4 and m500) makes me sad :( I need to upgrade

If they are still working keep them. The only thing youd like to jump up to would be like a Samsung SM951.

If they are still working keep them. The only thing youd like to jump up to would be like a Samsung SM951.

They are VERY old, the m4 is from 2011, used by more than 4 PC's and overheats. The M500 is from 2013 (i think) and was in my dad's work laptop before this, so it took quite a beating from that, and now it's my primary boot drive... pretty sure that 13TB of writes to the SSD isn't a sign of youth :(

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

They are VERY old, the m4 is from 2011, used by more than 4 PC's and overheats. The M500 is from 2013 (i think) and was in my dad's work laptop before this, so it took quite a beating from that, and now it's my primary boot drive... pretty sure that 13TB of writes to the SSD isn't a sign of youth :(

>using Intel X25-M 160GB SSD

6+ years old, Sata 2 and still a champ.

5-6TB of writes....

5-6TB of writes....

Dude mine was used in wayy to many pc's and at one point, in a server. 13TB of writes is NOT good

And if ur ssd is Sata 2, there's no point in having an ssd

Dude mine was used in wayy to many pc's and at one point, in a server. 13TB of writes is NOT good

Then why aren't you buying a new SSD?

5-6TB of writes....

Sill have a X25-V 40GB in a system myself.

Then why aren't you buying a new SSD?

because i don't care if it dies randomly?

Sill have a X25-V 40GB in a system myself.

And those speeds...:/

But at least the SSD does the job.

because i don't care if it dies randomly?

And you probably need more storage.

And those speeds...:/

But at least the SSD does the job.

Real men only need SSDs for the reads.

You clearly have no clue of how an SSD benefits a PC.

Also 13TB of writes is nothing as these drives can easily sustain 1PB of total host writes without any issue (just look at xtremesystems.org ssd endurance test or techreports ssd endurance experiment).

I also have this exact same drive on my system for about 1.5years and it has 71TB total host write and it has absolutely no issues.

XtP6sk3.png

Also it doesn't matter if an SSD is SATA 2 3Gb/s as the biggest performance benefit from it is the access time (less than 1ms vs 15ms+ on hdd) and significantly faster read/write for small files (4k).

I have an old 160GB Intel 320 which is a SATA 2 3Gb/s and the load times of windows and games when compared to my other SSD's (m500, mx100, neutron gtx,  samsung 830) is virtually identical.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Somebody shouldve bought 9 of these and ran them in raid 0.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Somebody shouldve bought 9 of these and ran them in raid 0.

why 9? Most raid controllers without a port multiplier top out at 8. I guess someone could have pulled a linus. :Phttps://goo.gl/VPz25M

Showed the boss, he said to order one 960 and one 480 so the rest of the computers in the editing office can boot/launch apps more quickly. Not shabbs.

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

back in stock again!

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Doesn't seem to let me buy in the UK :(

Looks like it's a US only thing... :(

I'll never buy another ssd that isn't new. A refurbed drive destroyed my machine once and I'll never let that happen again. 

Or you can just not use them as OS drives. That would help a lot.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Or you can just not use them as OS drives. That would help a lot.

It wasn't an OS drive. I plugged it in to format it and it wouldn't detect. It deleted my mbr and corrupt two partitions on two other drives. Tried it in my laptop and the drive was just dead. Couldn't read it at all. 

why 9? Most raid controllers without a port multiplier top out at 8. I guess someone could have pulled a linus. :Phttps://goo.gl/VPz25M

LOL actually I meant 8 haha

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys