The Test Bench by EYEfinity [WIP]

EYEfinity

Welcome to my build log!

This is my first build, and I am really excited to finally be able to share this with the world. I have been thinking about building a computer for about 11 months now. Before this, I was using a macbook pro with bootcamp(ikr I had no choice its a school provided laptop). I will update this post with pictures when I get the parts. If everything goes according to plan, then I will be building this on August 12th/13th. (dying with excitement  :D  :lol:  :) )

Specs:

CPU : Intel Core i5-4670K

GPUASUS GTX 780 DCU2 

RAM8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP - Red     8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP - Black

Case : HSPC Top Deck Tech Station Standard : Black

SSDSamsung 840 120GB

HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSUCorsair AX760

OSWindows 7 Home Premium

CPU Cooler : Thermal-right Silver Arrow Extreme SB-E

Motherboard Msi z87 Gd65 Gaming

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC i2367FH

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect 3 Edition

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Megatron Edition

Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula

Upgrade Plans

More RAM

Dual Monitors

Get better Peripherals when my current ones break

Duel Monitors

Monitors that fight?! I'm excited to see this build! :D

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Not being a grammar nazi or anything but just wanted to point out I believe when your talking about 2 together its Dual not Duel

but nice build

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

I think the graphics card is overkill tbh and a saving on that could mean you can afford an i7 maybe? or a bigger SSD which I also recommend after buying a 120GB

Your gaming at 1080p right? A 780 is a waste of money. Really a 770 is all you need for the ultimate 1080p rig.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I think the graphics card is overkill tbh and a saving on that could mean you can afford an i7 maybe? or a bigger SSD which I also recommend after buying a 120GB

I think it's a solid choice in GPUs right now. Probably the best one to have right now, the Titan is overkill if you ask me.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

"Cut back on GPU to afford a better CPU" Lolno.

The build is fine as it is. A better CPU would be utterly pointless but the difference between a 770 and a 780 will be noticeable.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think the graphics card is overkill tbh and a saving on that could mean you can afford an i7 maybe?

That's a terrible idea...

Your gaming at 1080p right? A 780 is a waste of money. Really a 770 is all you need for the ultimate 1080p rig.

thats why he said he's Guna upgrade to more monitors man read before Typing

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Not overkill.  Depends what he wants to use it for.

A 680 is perfectly fine for running at 1080p - I do it and I can also live stream at the same time whilst maintaining 100 - 120 fps.  If he wants a 780 ready for upcoming games (Which he possibly might do?) then let him.  It's not a waste of money.

EDIT:

Love the monitors.  Boarderless?  Wish I'd of thought of them before I bought mine haha.