How do i make a old router like a switch

Robz364

trying to get internet to all my computers  out to my shed i got a long LAN cable to the shed for the internet router inside but can only have it on my main computer iam ova unplugging it all the time to plug into the other computers and I'am trying to use a old router to send the internet out to all my computers in the shed but its not working any ideas 

By default, it should pretty much do exactly that, as long as

• your source LAN cable is coming from a valid internet source (i.e. a port on your main router in the house)
  • it's going into the WAN/Internet port on the old router.

You will likely have to log into it (reset it if need be with the button on back) and set it up briefly, but then it should work fine.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Disable DHCP on the router, then plug lan from current router into lan port on old router. 

just take the connection from your house and plug it into a normal port on your router like where you would plug in a computer and change nothing else. That has always worked for me. :)

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

trying to get internet to all my computers  out to my shed i got a long LAN cable to the shed for the internet router inside but can only have it on my main computer iam ova unplugging it all the time to plug into the other computers and I'am trying to use a old router to send the internet out to all my computers in the shed but its not working any ideas 

what router?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I really dont see the point as switches cost almost nothing.

But - does it work when you connect the ethernet cable you have in your shed directly to a computer and which IP do you get then?

There might be a few different issues causing your trouble.

How did you connect your huawei router to your internet router in your house?

I would guess that it is set up as a DSL gateway router and there might be an option in the interface or CLI to enable the blue port on the back as a WAN port, which you could in theory connect to your internet router in your house.