dead PSU or maybe something else

dedikater

hello
my friend (who is horribly tech impared) is having a very serious issue with her pc that i built for her problem is she lives 2 states away and i cant trouble shoot.
her pc randomly shut off during a skype session yesterday so she went to bed and today when she tried turning it on it didnt do anything ,no leds or fans turn on and the psu makes no sounds or turns its fan on, ive tried the good ol un plug it for 5 minutes and plug it back in, ive made he make sure every connection was properly plugged in i even made her try running it directly from her wall and not her power strip and now im completely stumped 
the day before the shutoff she updated windows and skype was throwing up that error i uploaded as an image i dont know if it could be related 

post-69914-0-91407100-1439614133.jpg

post-69914-0-91407100-1439614133.jpg

-SNIP-

If she turns turning it on an absolutely nothing happens it's very likely the PSU died if there was a power surge since she plugged it directly to the wall with no surge protection.

If she turns turning it on an absolutely nothing happens it's very likely the PSU died if there was a power surge since she plugged it directly to the wall with no surge protection.

she had it on a protected power strip and her power didnt surge at least she doesn't thing it did because her pc was the only thing affected 

Sounds like PSU. You can ship her a PSU tester and have her test it maybe?

Windows 10 Latest Build
RAID 0 Samsung SSD 970 2tb EVO's (4Tb Store)
RTX 3090
9900k DELIDDED with custom copper Rockitcool @ 5ghz 
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile
Phanteks PH-P1200PS 80+ Platinum - Built-in Power Splitter 1200W Fully Modular

Z390 DESIGNARE (rev. 1.0)
Top Mon #2 ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q | NVIDIA G-Sync 100hz

Bottom Mon #1 Alienware Overclocked Refresh Rate #AW3418DW G-Sync 120hz

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

Maybe try removing CMOS battery,try a new power cable for PC.

Did she hit the power switch in back of the PSU itself? Sometimes this happens also.

Windows 10 Latest Build
RTX 3090
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

she had it on a protected power strip and her power didnt surge at least she doesn't thing it did because her pc was the only thing affected 

Could she try unplugging everything and do the paperclip test to see if the PSU turns on at all, that would be the easiest way to find out.

Maybe try removing CMOS battery,try a new power cable for PC.

Did she hit the power switch in back of the PSU itself? Sometimes this happens also.

i made sure she did hit the switch and we have tried clearing the CMOS and yes we used a new cable (when i saw you pointed it out) and still no results

if shes 100% sure everything is plugged in. It's the PSU

Windows 10 Latest Build
RTX 3090
H150i RGB PRO XT

Could she try unplugging everything and do the paperclip test to see if the PSU turns on at all, that would be the easiest way to find out.

im having her do it as i type this actually

ok so we did the paper clip test and psu still works 

Hmm try replugging everything back in and give it a go, I think the motherboard might be the issues since nothing is happening or the PWR switch lead got unplugged accidentally.

Hmm try replugging everything back in and give it a go, I think the motherboard might be the issues since nothing is happening or the PWR switch lead got unplugged accidentally.

we already did we even cleared cmos and no response