Finished my first ever build! Thanks to you guys!

Logic Bomb

So I completed my PC build the other day, I had no idea what to expect when I finally got around to turning it on for the first time, just praying that nothing would melt. It didn't help that my brother said he could smell "burning" as I fired it up.

In any case, nothing happened :( I had to update the BIOS using USB flash back, the red LED indicating "no boot device" eventually disappeared and then finally, everything came on!

Anyway, she's not the prettiest thing in the world but I've always been one who's valued performance over looks.

mkqkrTu.jpg

Found it very daunting at first, but thanks to Linus and this community, everything is now working exceptionally well.

So thanks again!

Specs:

CPU - i5-4690K 3.5GHz (currently overclocked up 4.5GHz @ 1.3 V)

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM

MOBO - Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)

Memory - Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866

SSD - Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5"

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB

PSU - SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 650W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold"

All wrapped up in a Vengeance C70 case (a new one this time >.<)

Oh there's also some Noctua NF-F12 120mm fans in there too (which were a pig to fit on the front panel as the holes weren't big enough but using a screwdriver I widened them enough to fit the rubber screws/gromits in), will eventually get a couple more to replace the remaining stock fans.

Congratulations!! Those fans are a pain the ass to mount on the heatsink

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Looks Fab! Happy Gaming!! and great cable management!

You don't need to thank me !

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Love the look of Super Flower's Leadex PSUs with the clear, light up connectors. If only they didn't have the coloured connectors on the component end. 

Btw.... Specs??

Looks very neat for a first time build! Great job! :)

Build: GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780 CPU: Intel i5 4690 MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB PSU: Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Obsidian 500R

Z97 Pro (WiFi/AC) brothers!

That's a good look man, nice PC.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

probably the PSU your smellin xD

Congratulations!! Those fans are a pain the ass to mount on the heatsink

Haha that it was. I wanted to fit the left most fan on the right hand side but didn't have the room. But it seems to be doing a decent job regardless!

Love the look of Super Flower's Leadex PSUs with the clear, light up connectors. If only they didn't have the coloured connectors on the component end. 

Ah yeah they look really nice, I'm not too bothered about the coloured connectors they should have just kept them black but oh well!

Btw.... Specs??

Edited first post with specs :) And thanks for all the kind words everyone, I really couldn't have done it without this website and Linus' tutorials.