Has anyone ever lost something to static discharge?

Yumei

Nope, but I am safe. I build on my carpet with my psu off and plugged in, so pretty safe.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I'd say you could probably RMA that without issues though. I don't think they'd be able to tell it wasn't DOA.

Good point though would still be a shame though ehh

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

When I do all of my own PC maintenance, upgrades, or builds, I do it off carpet with an ankle strap. Nothing's happened to the components

My friend tho, his laptop hard drive died and I had to replace it for him. We did it on the carpet floor, no straps or anything similar. After we replaced it, he installed windows on it and I have heard anything about it since

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Nope...not yet :D

I was putting my Pc together while standing on a carpet with socks on :D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Only one board out of the 50+ I've worked on.

I really think it was actually cause I was drunk and on painkillers and did something wrong when flashing the cmos though. Some old school mobo's aren't able to be turned on with the jumper on the reset pins but I was in too good of a zone to care. It wasn't my board but I gave the guy a whole new, much better Mobo/CPU combo to make up for it though (:

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!