Dragon age Inquisiton DX12 real?

pat182

I've just reinstall DA:I for the new DLC, got some surprises when I've check my monitoring of my sli 980ti

Is it a glitch or it's suporting DX12 ?

*9,2vram usage for 980ti sli

this screenshot in on 3840x2160 all at ultra with MSAA X4 witch is insane to get 60fps with MSAAx4 in 4k

any clue ?

dai_zpst0e3c7ya.jpg

No it does not use DirectX 12.

Windows 10 is a little glitchy.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It's just DX12 emulating DX11.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

well, emulating or not, im playing 4k utlra setting with msaa x4  with 60fps of smoothness. for the little that I've played because I was curious of this stats

no its permanent , not just sometimes, ive went in the desert map too check it out

I could test more and make a video if I have time

post-252361-0-51455600-1439524325_thumb.

and idk if you saw but I got 9,2gb vram usage for a gtx980ti that have 6gb

Heyyo,

@pat182

It's a memory detection bug in GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/418769-gtx-970-sli-using-6gb-vram/

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

A bit unrelated. But is Vivienne a bitch all the time. Or does that change with approval?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Heyyo,

@pat182

It's a memory detection bug in GPU-Z, MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/418769-gtx-970-sli-using-6gb-vram/

hum, I'm pretty sure with my old 980 that without msaa , I was capping 4gb in 4k .

I still have solid fps 80-90fps in smaller area with my 980ti's with msaax4 wich I don't recon to ever surpass 40fps in a demanding game with msaax4.

maybe msaax4 takes 600mb more if you divide 9.2 by 2 to equal 4.6gb but I don't remember having such a high fps in this game maxe;d out even with my new setup

Heyyo,

hum, I'm pretty sure with my old 980 that without msaa , I was capping 4gb in 4k .

I still have solid fps 80-90fps in smaller area with my 980ti's with msaax4 wich I don't recon to ever surpass 40fps in a demanding game with msaax4.

maybe msaax4 takes 600mb more if you divide 9.2 by 2 to equal 4.6gb but I don't remember having such a high fps in this game maxe;d out even with my new setup

It's WDDM 2.0 btw causing this with NVIDIA drivers not DirectX 12. I haven't seen a single overlay work with DirectX 12. Fraps thinks it's Direct 3D 10 when I tried the Unreal Engine 4.9 Elemental Demo in DirectX 12 lol... MSI Afterburner with RTSS doesn't even detect a 3D app is running with both the Elemental DirectX 12 demo and 3DMark API Overhead test. :P

Also, NVIDIA SLI is not DirectX 12 compatible (well, in publicly released drivers anyways). 3DMark API Overhead test crashes with SLI enabled and Elemental DirectX 12 demo only shows a single GPU in use... have to wait for future drivers for Multi-GPU compatibility in DirectX 12 is my guess. 355.60 is what I tested with. Well that? Or DirectX 12 on Unreal Engine 4.9 Preview builds are single-GPU only for meow.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case