New member to the PC master race looking for friendly advice.

Go to solution Solved by Lolucoca,

Looks pretty nice to me. No huge bottlenecks, nice work, man! :D

im a first time builder looking for guidance and feedback on my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yTCtTW. i already have a 1TB 7200RPM internal HDD and an external 2TB portable for my xbox one. constructive criticism and helpful feedback are very much welcome. NO AMD fanboys. i am getting the 970. i dont care about 3.5gigs of vram, it is not a factor. I WILL NOT discuss the R9 390. thank you.

Looks pretty nice to me. No huge bottlenecks, nice work, man! :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

NO AMD fanboys. i am getting the 970. i dont care about 3.5gigs of vram, it is not a factor. I WILL NOT discuss the R9 390. thank you.

Somewhat ironic calling out 'AMD fanboys'  :lol:

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

Oops, double-post. Please delete it. :)

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Seems good. But there is better keyboards than razers blackwidow. Well its decent but for the price you could find better.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Somewhat ironic calling out 'AMD fanboys'  :lol:

just in my last post i had this one guy get all up in arms about it.

im a first time builder looking for guidance and feedback on my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mK2B3C. i already have a 1TB 7200RPM internal HDD and an external 2TB portable for my xbox one. constructive criticism and helpful feedback are very much welcome. NO AMD fanboys. i am getting the 970. i dont care about 3.5gigs of vram, it is not a factor. I WILL NOT discuss the R9 390. thank you.

The build looks pretty good, I wouldn't recommend Razer items just because Corsair has better peripherals for cheaper.

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

I don't see anything wrong with it, there are parts that I personally wouldn't get but that's a preference thing rather than any technical reason.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Seems good. But there is better keyboards than razers blackwidow. Well its decent but for the price you could find better.

The build looks pretty good, I wouldn't recommend Razer items just because Corsair has better peripherals for cheaper.

ok. thank you i will look at different options. :)

any paritcular color prefrences?

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

ok. thank you i will look at different options. :)

Also with the money you saved with diff Peripherals you should get an AIO Water Cooler just because if you want to OC it will allow you to get a higher OC.

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Why windows 7? Windows 10 is out and it is fantastic (mostly). Certainly a significant update from 7

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

any paritcular color prefrences?

I think his build will be a Black and Red/Orange themed thing :P

Why windows 7? Windows 10 is out and it is fantastic (mostly). Certainly a significant update from 7

He can upgrade to Win 10 free when he installs Win 7 :P

well. for one windows ten is $100ish if i buy it. but its free. and im actually getting windows 8.1

He can upgrade to Win 10 free when he installs Win 7 :P

Yeah but you have to waste time downloading and installing the OS, not to mention the baggage left beind from an OS upgrade. Having recently done an upgrade myself, the hassle was significant. If I could have saved that time for just $10, I would have done it. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Yeah but you have to waste time downloading and installing the OS, not to mention the baggage left beind from an OS upgrade. Having recently done an upgrade myself, the hassle was significant. If I could have saved that time for just $10, I would have done it. 

It actually wasn't bad to upgrade from 8.1 to 10.. I quite literally just clicked reserve and it downloaded and updated overnight.

Looks fine. Seems like you've already chosen sides and making controversial statements. You will fit in well into the pcmustardrace.

Personally I prefer 60Hz ips to higher Hz tn, but that's a personal choice.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Looks good for first time build. Good job man, keep up the good work. And welcome to PCMR! :3

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

im a first time builder looking for guidance and feedback on my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mK2B3C. i already have a 1TB 7200RPM internal HDD and an external 2TB portable for my xbox one. constructive criticism and helpful feedback are very much welcome. NO AMD fanboys. i am getting the 970. i dont care about 3.5gigs of vram, it is not a factor. I WILL NOT discuss the R9 390. thank you.

Why won't you discuss the 390? I am NOT a fanboy of either side.

R9 390 Advantages:

Double the VRAM (not really a big deal for most people tbh)

More performance for the same price

Decent Overclocking

Doesn't have issues with Windows 10 drivers.

No crossfire bridge needed to put more than one in the future.

Disadvantages:

Will output slightly more heat and use slightly more power (these are NOT relevant, as the power is negligible, so is the heat)

Fans might speed up more than 970 to cope with heat, slightly louder.

The 390 is a better choice.

I'd look at other peripherals, definitely look at ducky. Although they don't have RGB, they're far better quality than razed and corsair. Also for mice, go for Logitech, hands down the best mouse maker around.

I don't think you need the thermal paste, the 212 evo comes with some and it doesn't generally make a large difference if there are other "bottlenecks" affecting the cooling.

I think the 970 is a good choice, especially the MSI twin frozr (best one IMO outside of more extreme ones). Out of curiosity, why won't you consider AMD? Not trying to change your mind, just wondering whether it's what something said.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Pretty good, but get a better cooler and more ram.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.