[Monoprice] 28-inch 4K Monitor $399

Dealzon

Big screen 4K 60Hz Monitor on the cheap today at Monoprice. Lowest price we've seen by $29. Shipping is free in the US.

monoprice-crystalpro-28-inch-2160p-4k-ul

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

Do I need it? No

Do I want it? Yes

Can I afford it? Yes

I'll take three

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

399 is What its been selling for a while now not much of a sale but its still a good price for it  IMO. it  was out of stock though for a little bit and now back in stock 

No name brand ✓

Shitty TN panel ✓

Shitty 60hz refresh rate ✓

Bezels like it's 2005 ✓

Same price or higher then the Samsung U28D590D ✓

No thanks I'll skip. 4K is extremly overhyped and a pain the arse to game on.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No name brand ✓

Shitty TN panel ✓

Bezels like it's 2005 ✓

Monoprice stuff is quite good quality

TN - not all are shit, some are fine

All 4k screens are 60hz

Bezels are thick but not crazy

its $100 cheaper than the Samsung

Not all monitors are for gaming

Just saying :D

for $400 its a great price for somebody wanting/needing 4k

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No name brand ✓

Shitty TN panel ✓

Bezels like it's 2005 ✓

Have you used or Gamed on a 4k Monitor? The clarity is awesome and 4k isnt as hard to run as many make it out to be Yeah Ultra 4k is insane to run  but 4k high is very obtainable and looks much better then 1080p ultra overall. on top of that same as shadowcaptain said not all mointors are for gaming people can use it for many other things then just gaming. 4k is great for productivity where for many the color reproduction might not matter as much as the extra space.  

Have you used or Gamed on a 4k Monitor? The clarity is awesome and 4k isnt as hard to run as many make it out to be Yeah Ultra 4k is insane to run  but 4k high is very obtainable and looks much better then 1080p ultra overall. on top of that same as shadowcaptain said not all mointors are for gaming people can use it for many other things then just gaming. 4k is great for productivity where for many the color reproduction might not matter as much as the extra space.  

Have YOU gamed on a 4k monitor? I have the Acer XB280HK right next to my Acer XB270HU.

It's completely shit. The colours are awfull, the 60hz refresh rate makes me puke, and some games are unplayable due to small UI.

The Acer XB270HU has better clarity because it's IPS and 144hz. There is no point in having high resolutions if the game feels like a slideshow and the colours are awfull even when calibrated and sitting in the sweetspot.

For productivity a Ultrawide 1440p is still the best to get, a lot of programs have problems at 4K resolutions.

So unless you want to spend +1000$ on a proper 4K 32 inch productivity monitor, 1440p Ultrawide is still the best:

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No name brand ✓

Shitty TN panel ✓

Bezels like it's 2005 ✓

You know that samsung monitor is shit compared to the new, better in every way, and cheaper A399U right? 

Plus I wouldn't even consider 4k without freesync-gsync.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

You know that samsung monitor is shit compared to the new, better in every way, and cheaper A399U right? 

This one? Which is about 550-600$ How is that cheaper then the Samsung? And it's still TN/60hz trash.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

This one? 

-video-

Well that monitor too, but I ment

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Well that monitor too, but I ment

http://www.amazon.com/WASABI-MANGO-UHD420-Real-HDMI/dp/B00YA5IZS0

Freaking $844.95

My LG 55 inch IPS 4K TV was 1049€. A 49 inch model without WebOs is 670€. A 42 inch model is under 500€.

Why would anyone get that monitor from a no-name company at a higher price then even a Acer XB270HU?

Also how far do you have to sit from a 42 inch monitor  TV? I have two 180x80 desks, would I have to use them in a row (180x160)?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Have YOU gamed on a 4k monitor? I have the Acer XB280HK right next to my Acer XB270HU.

It's completely shit. The colours are awfull, the 60hz refresh rate makes me puke, and some games are unplayable due to small UI.

The Acer XB270HU has better clarity because it's IPS and 144hz. There is no point in having high resolutions if the game feels like a slideshow and the colours are awfull even when calibrated and sitting in the sweetspot.

For productivity a Ultrawide 1440p is still the best to get, a lot of programs have problems at 4K resolutions.

So unless you want to spend +1000$ on a proper 4K 32 inch productivity monitor, 1440p Ultrawide is still the best:

my only monitor is 4k so yeah ive gamed on it and use it everyday. but there's obviously not much of a point in arguing with you because saying 60hz is like a slideshow and makes you puke is just Ridiculous that would be like me coming back and saying 1440p is so pix-elated i cant even use it and read text its so blurry...  and on top of that i just stated before not everyone will be gaming on it that's not all computers are for so solely writing this monitor off because its not great for gaming is dumb.

Ok ill just assume your life has been a complete pukefest till like a few years ago, when HFR and IPS displays came to the market? If so im sorry for you. And if not so, im even more sorry for your miserable soul.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

my only monitor is 4k so yeah ive gamed on it and use it everyday. but there's obviously not much of a point in arguing with you because saying 60hz is like a slideshow and makes you puke is just Ridiculous that would be like me coming back and saying 1440p is so pix-elated i cant even use it and read text its so blurry...  and on top of that i just stated before not everyone will be gaming on it that's not all computers are for so solely writing this monitor off because its not great for gaming is dumb.

Is it ridiculous? Have you ever used a 144hz monitor? Text is easier to read on this monitor because it's IPS and 1440P has good scaling in Windows. On my 4K monitor is blurry and I start to get eyestrain.

And on top of that I just said everyone admits that 3440x1440 is the best for productivity, everyone at LMG uses it, even the videoediters which work with 4K content.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well that 590d is $500-$600 and it's totally shit compared to todays 4k monitors. If you want the best features in a monitor, you arn't going to be buying a cheap one...

Plus, do you have the gpu horsepower to push games like GTA5 and The Witcher 3 maxed at 4k above 60ps? No. That's doesn't exist, so why are you looking for features that you want that don't have a use for existing in the first place? 

Ok ill just assume your life has been a complete pukefest till like a few years ago, when HFR and IPS displays came to the market? If so im sorry for you. And if not so, im even more sorry for your miserable soul.

Affordable IPS displays have come out in 2010-ish, I was using a 27 inch 1080P LG IPS monitor from 2012 until now.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well that 590d is $500-$600 and it's totally shit compared to todays 4k monitors. If you want the best features in a monitor, you arn't going to be buying a cheap one...

Plus, do you have the gpu horsepower to push games like GTA5 and The Witcher 3 maxed at 4k above 60ps? No. That's doesn't exist, so why are you looking for features that you want that don't have a use for existing in the first place? 

The 590D has been 400€ since almost a year now. I doubt it's 500$ in the US where everything is cheaper thanks to the crashing euro. I know the 590D is shit but it is the same pricepoint as this Monoprice one. 

My 980Ti performs perfectly at 4K without any problems. It the screen that is the problem. I work at a electronic store, I even had the chance to test the Dell 5K UP2715K, even that is a big difference compared to 4K, and it scales better because 5K is four times 1440P.

I'll not switch to 4K unless somebody releases a proper IPS 120hz with G-SYNC. I hope it's gonna be Asus.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Affordable IPS displays have come out in 2010-ish, I was using a 27 inch 1080P LG IPS monitor from 2012 until now.

>complains about bad clarity

>used 1080p at 27"

See what im getting at? 

Also btw modern TN is almost always better than the standard IPS of 2010-13

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

My 980Ti performs perfectly at 4K without any problems. It the screen that is the problem. I work at a electronic store, I even had the chance to test the Dell 5K UP2715K, even that is a big difference compared to 4K, and it scales better because 5K is four times 1440P.

Just buy and use the monitor that's best for you, but don't bully others into not getting the monitor that is best for them.

Just buy and use the monitor that's best for you, but don't bully others into not getting the monitor that is best for them.

I'm not bullying, i'm just saying that 4K is turned into a marketing-scam for everyone.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm not bullying, i'm just saying that 4K is turned into a marketing-scam for everyone.

>not bullying

>professional peasant converter

>tells people who find this monitor adequate for them that its shit

Yeah fuck off with your condescending self absorbed attitude ;)

gz on 1k posts btw

gz on 1k posts btw

Thanks.

Here is the LG UB8200 btw: http://www.lg.com/hk_en/tvs/lg-42UB8200 

And no, the inputlag is perfectly fine, couldn't notice any difference between the TV and my old LG IPS monitor.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Is it ridiculous? Have you ever used a 144hz monitor? Text is easier to read on this monitor because it's IPS and 1440P has good scaling in Windows. On my 4K monitor is blurry and I start to get eyestrain.

And on top of that I just said everyone admits that 3440x1440 is the best for productivity, everyone at LMG uses it, even the videoediters which work with 4K content.

Yeah it is its just so far from the truth. Thats about all i have to say since no ones opinion or other uses of computers Exist in your world. Hopefully you pick up some dramamine for when you have to watch or play any content at a slide show of 60hz maybe that will help with the Puking 

Yeah it is its just so far from the truth. Thats about all i have to say since no ones opinion or other uses of computers Exist in your world. Hopefully you pick up some dramamine for when you have to watch or play any content at a slide show of 60hz maybe that will help with the Puking 

I'm not the only one who says 60hz feels like a slideshow after using a 144hz monitor. But whatever, we are really going offtopic here.

The truth is, I will be returning this monitor. Maybe I will give 4K another chance when it's fully grown up like 1440P  :)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU