Help with cleaning and removing drives

Aytex

Ok so right now I have alot of bullshit drives that wont disappear

f187a863a15acfc2bc0b519dd21f95f6.png

drive H is the one I want to remove and formatting the drive wont relaly help

Now I'm not sure what to do with my passport. theres some security unlocker that i installed but i want to uninstall and wipe/format the drive but idk if I should just go ahead and format or problems will occur?

9291705f17c4bd4df606e3f4ae42522b.png

also is it fine for me to delete the partition on disc 0 (C drive aka Main drive)

e45c4bddf0a7d82cda4f81fcc82b221b.png 

If you wipe, reformat a drive, all data stores on the, disappears. So the WD drive lock/unlock software will not cause any problems. Just unlock the drive first as it's strange your F drive is only 30MB in dize.

Before you format any drive just make sure all data is backed up so you don't lose anything important.

You shouldn't touch the system partitions on your drives unless you know what they are used for.

Isn't your H drive an optical drive?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

~snip~

Hey there Aytex,

If you don't have system files or data that you don't need you can reformat or simply "write zeros" to the drive and thus wipe it completely, removing all partitions and data from it. I would recommend to use WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool in order to do that: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=bTOQSN

ALso if you could list all the physical drives (both internal and external) and what you would like to do with each of them would be helpful. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/