Where do you get your music from?

TheMidnightNarwhal

I have a few songs that I ripped from CDs I own, so yeah :P .

For other stuff, I use youtube.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Spotify. I don't pay for premium, I can handle ads, even though they get a bit repetitive after a while. I bet I could memorize the exact words to the ads.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I used to rip my music from YT but now I realised that Spotify is much more convenient and just use that. I also pay for Premium so I don't get ads and support the musicians in someway.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

Most of the songs that I listen to have DL links. I can use a YT to MP3 or just screen record and cut out the video if not.

Usually Bandcamp, Soundcloud or iTunes. Most of my music is Monstercat.

3ae777fcd0.png

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I still buy cd's from the music shop.  Perfect quality, I can rip them myself, I am supporting the artists and keeping a job alive for the kids in the shop and I have the cd and jacket to add to my physical collection which I think looks much more impressive than a set of numbers on a hdd.

Same. Uncompressed, and I don't have to worry about having enough safe backups if I keep the original copies around.

Spotify Premium. I used to just use regular Spotify, but now I'm away from my computer more often and I like listening to my own playlists, so I pay for it. I used to pirate, then I became a musician and realized how shitty that was of me.

I get all of my music from a magical place. If I can't find it on that magical place, then I'll rip the audio from YouTube. 

COMIC SANS

I just buy CD's from either JB HiFi, CD Japan, Amazon, or the bands merch store. I only buy digital if it's the only way I can get the music, and that's mostly through iTunes.

Also sometimes torrents, because I just can't find what I want in Australia, or where I do find it like on Amazon, postage has been 4-5 times the price of the CD, so yeah...

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Either Vinyl album or Tidal. 

Mainly Google Play Music (All Access) and YouTube (Music Key).

Pretty good so far. Only issue is when Google Play doesn't have the music but YouTube does, or when YouTube doesn't have the song you want in an official format and the algorithm doesn't see the only available version as actual music and therefore doesn't remove the advertisements. Sigh.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I get the highest quality by plugging in a cable from the speaker port to the mic port and use Sound Recorder to record the YouTubes. Sadly, I can't hear it while recording.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

I'm in the Linus camp for this. Used to pirate but since Google Music I have no reason to go back. The custom radio and "feeling lucky" algorithms are so freaking good I've discovered tons of songs and bands I never would have known about.