NZXT Noctis 450 PWM fan controller issue! First pc build!

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

-SNIP-

It's potting goo used to prevent coil whine it's not a problem at all.

*Woof woof*  ;)

Hey guys! So I was super excited to receive my final piece for my first pc build today! (Yayyy!). So I gathered my things, got to a proper work place, and started to work. When I finished installing my power supply, I decided to take a look at the amazing pwm fan controller that NZXT gives us on the case, but when I turn it around to look at it, there is something that isn't right. White gunk is all over the top-right portion of the hub. I really want to know if this is going to make it overheat or something, and I realllyy don't want to return anything. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you... pictures and dog tax below! 

post-251472-0-52789600-1439243709_thumb.

post-251472-0-11330200-1439243717_thumb.

post-251472-0-52026100-1439243724_thumb.

post-251472-0-37197700-1439243735_thumb.

contact Nzxt

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Coil whine protection, don't fret little one :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

It's potting goo used to prevent coil whine it's not a problem at all.

*Woof woof*  ;)

Really? That's all it is? PHEW! Had my heart pounding there for about 15 minutes. I appreciate your super-fast reply and answer. 

contact Nzxt

Nonono, don't contact NZXT about something that's supposed to be there. :D

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Don't contact NZXT, that goo is normal, my friend's case had exactly the same stuff, it's normal

Thanks.

Hey guys! So I was super excited to receive my final piece for my first pc build today! (Yayyy!). So I gathered my things, got to a proper work place, and started to work. When I finished installing my power supply, I decided to take a look at the amazing pwm fan controller that NZXT gives us on the case, but when I turn it around to look at it, there is something that isn't right. White gunk is all over the top-right portion of the hub. I really want to know if this is going to make it overheat or something, and I realllyy don't want to return anything. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you... pictures and dog tax below! 

Poor dog...i thought he was sleeping....then i noticed your shoes under him....so he had to have died from the smell right....poor thing....anyhoo.....

contact NZXT with some pictures and they will change it for you at no cost to you unless you have to pay duties/taxes. What you need to work out is how are you gonna explain the issue, it is working i am sure but you can say it may be faulty or something.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Poor dog...i thought he was sleeping....then i noticed your shoes under him....so he had to have died from the smell right....poor thing....anyhoo.....

contact NZXT with some pictures and they will change it for you at no cost to you unless you have to pay duties/taxes. What you need to work out is how are you gonna explain the issue, it is working i am sure but you can say it may be faulty or something.

Well, 2 people said that it should be there, and I really don't want to return anything. Thank you for the answer though!

Well, 2 people said that it should be there, and I really don't want to return anything. Thank you for the answer though!

You don't have to return anything, when my LEDs went out on my P630 i contacted NZXT's support and told them and they just questioned me to know exactly what part went bad, made sure i actually paid for it by me presenting my amazon.com's receipt and that they would sent it to my skybox in the US free of charge but i would have to pay for my country's duties when it arrives in my country and i thought they were just sending the LED replacements, they sent the whole PCB and LEDs connected to it and i installed it.

They are a great company in my experience.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.