Help me choose a monitor!

Go to solution Solved by Cameronazzi,

Thanks a lot! I still want to know if my gear is capable of pushing games beyond 60 fps though :)

An i5 + 970 will be able to get over 60 fps in many games, even if it means not having all settings on maximum.

I'm having a hard time choosing an appropriate monitor for my build. Specifically in between IPS and 144hz monitors.

Some say you can't tell the difference in colors unless you are a designer so a 144hz monitor is the way to go, but I'm still worried if my PC will have the horsepower to take advantage of the high refresh rates.

This is my stuff:

- Intel i5 4690K.

- GTX 970 G1 from gigabyte.

- Corsair vengeance 16gb DDR3 ram.

I really liked these two options from ASUS:

- VS24AH-P for IPS.

- VG248QE for 144hz.

I do like shooters like CS:GO or Battlefield, but I like playing tons of different games as well so...

Thank you :)

If it's a single monitor get the 144hz TN isn't bad compared to IPS unless you have the monitor at an angle

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Thanks a lot! I still want to know if my gear is capable of pushing games beyond 60 fps though :)

An i5 + 970 will be able to get over 60 fps in many games, even if it means not having all settings on maximum.

To ensure I see your reply, quote my post.

Got any questions? Send me a message.