PC motherboard to front panel TRRS adapter?

Terminashunator

I'm looking for a TRRS AKA smartphone headset to Motherboard adapter that replaces the front audio of a computer case. Let me give an example of what I mean... 

A07Y_130078006316250000xzU2oNhu8z.jpg

except that goes to...

504406056_809.jpg

without an adapter in the middle. I want to connect my headset directly to the computer. Any ideas?

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Hmm. Why not just get a cheap sound card and enjoy better sound?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sound quality doesn't matter enough for me to bother. I'm using some $40 skullcandy headset for voice chat. Mic is good enough quality, I simply keep breaking the adapters. I am in the process of modding my case, wanted to make it all-in-one.
Also, my motherboard has good enough for me audio.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

haven't seen any trrs connector on a front panel. I'm thinking you'd have to remove the headphone jacks yourself and solder that adapter to the front panel board, then glue the adapter under the case.

but that would leave you with a useless mic hole.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

haven't seen any trrs connector on a front panel. I'm thinking you'd have to remove the headphone jacks yourself and solder that adapter to the front panel board, then glue the adapter under the case.

but that would leave you with a useless mic hole.

I am custom making the faceplate. I was hoping there'd be a premade PCB made, and all I'd have to do is move the board to my custom faceplate. 

Odds are i'll take a TRRS Jack and solder the wires to the stock front audio and make a permanent adapter. 

Getting a cheapo soundcard looks like your best option right now.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Does a cheap sound card come with front audio that will directly connect to my headset?

To clarify.

The onboard audio I have works fine. The front motherboard headers work fine. I want to get from motherboard headers to TRRS front audio.

you could just buy a trrs connector from a site like mouser.

you still have to solder it to the front PCB but I don't know enough about the sense connection to do it.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

The sense connection is what's halting me. =\

The only computers I've heard of having that are macs and the odd windows laptop - have fun soldering I guess.  :rolleyes:

My laptop has a trss jack on it instead of a headphone and mic jack.  I think that's the only sort of place you'd find it.  Other than that, you'd just use an adapter.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."