Wut da feq windows

WyvernAbstracts

Comes home, turns laptop on, windows decides to update, laptop no longer wants to work. Can someone help me each time I try to turn my laptop on all it does is show a black screen. Could it be an issue with the GPU?

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Comes home, turns laptop on, windows decides to update, laptop no longer wants to work. Can someone help me each time I try to turn my laptop on all it does is show a black screen. Could it be an issue with the GPU?

You need to go to a restore point using Windows install media. Pretty simple. Get an installer for Windows Vista or newer and have your laptop boot it. Go into Troubleshooting options or the like and find your way to restore point. Set it back to the latest time before updates. It should work. If none of the previous restore points work then reinstall Windows. This has happened to me when installing too many updates at once.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Chances are the Windows install got borked. It's highly unlikely hardware got damaged by way of Windows updates.

"Rawr XD"

You need to go to a restore point using Windows install media. Pretty simple. Get an installer for Windows Vista or newer and have your laptop boot it. Go into Troubleshooting options or the like and find your way to restore point. Set it back to the latest time before updates. It should work. If none of the previous restore points work then reinstall Windows. This has happened to me when installing too many updates at once.

woot will a bootable USB I used to get windows on my desktop work

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w