letting off some steam - with a 9 iron

I think this is tech related so I hope I have it posted at the right place.

so anyways

I've been under a lot of stress as of late and this week in particular was a really bad one - incredibly bad actually. It was a bunch of stuff happening at the same time and I had to cancel my vacation (which was supposed to be a stress reliever but because I had to cancel it, it was even more frustrating). So on my way home today I started feeling something boiling up inside, kinda like something was going to explode, I knew I couldn't just let it sit and simmer because it would just ruin me and I might (and probably will) break and it would have been way worse. I've had a panic attack before (due to stress) because in my line of work, customer service is a must and I kind of need a job and as we all know, people are idiots who think they are always right and we have to deal with it. (as a side note: no, the customer isn't always right, he's usually always wrong - especially when you are the technician fixing his computer)

So when I arrived home I really started stressing out, at the brink of a panic attack actually. I felt like getting into a fight - you've all had that feeling and if you say you never have, I don't trust you and you should be shunned - but then I noticed an old computer. A pentium 4 if I remember correctly. It was an old machine I was going to send off to recycling because nothing worked on it and even if it did, it would have been just too slow to do anything useful with it. So when I saw it I realized how many times I've wished I could just bash a client's computer with a bat or on the table, if it were a laptop, (or some of mine for that matter, when I can't seem to find the issue). I took my 9 iron and started beating it senseless. First with vertical swings like if I were cutting wood, then in perfect golf style. I felt like it was weird that it wasn't getting as damaged as i thought it would but then changed the 9 iron to a driver - the heaviest one i have (not part of my regular golf set, a one off that found its way into my bag at some point for some reason) and took the hardest, fastest, most beautiful swing at it and voila; pure rapture, unadulterated bliss, absolute ecstasy, unconditional rapture - happiness.

As soon as I ceased beating that grotesque "old technology beige/grey" coloured box into a warped, misshapen pile of obsolete pieces, I felt normal, I felt happy, better than I had been all week, if not weeks.

I am now here sharing with all of you the joy of letting off some steam in whichever way you feel is right for you (of course by not causing harm to others and animals) because we all need to at some point or another; when things aren't going the way you want, when they are just not working out or when you are just frustrated or feeling down. Just take some time for yourself. It can be constructive, like going for a jog or the gym, playing a game or figuring out a puzzle, putting together a computer, watching tv, reading, learning something new, taking up a hobby or, in my case (and only this once), something destructive (but not harmful). 

All I'm trying to say is: take it easy, have fun, be happy and even though sometimes things aren't in your favour, the universe has a way of settings right, whether it be right away or a few years from now, it will be alright. And this goes for everything and every aspect in life. We have all heard of people hurting themselves or doing something that hurt others because they were depressed or something was going wrong in their life or they were having a hard time in a period in their life but that will all pass, talk about it to someone understanding, and if you don't have anyone, you can see someone who will help you in your goals and help you deal with what is going on, a teacher you like, a family member you're close to, a best friend, a lover or even a hater. You tell them what they did wasn't cool and they should stop and if they don't (i.e. if he was a bully or something) go talk to someone who can help, or who you think can help, maybe they will help you find someone or some way of dealing with it. And if you're scared of seeing a psychologist, don't be, you don't have to tell anyone, keep it to yourself. If you feel like they won't or can't help or you think that you "are too manly and don't need a shrink because you are supposed to deal with it yourself", well...you shouldn't, because we all need help, all great men had help getting to where they are and still use all the help they can and need to stay on top. Even those stupid ass bullies get help, or will need it in the future because they won't survive life being the way they are. Anyways, thanks for reading and included below are the results of my therapy session.

P.S. This was supposed to be a short thread about letting off some steam but I guess I went on a little bit of a tangent, but I hope that it has helped at least one person. Because even helping just one person then this thread is worth it and it is the least you can do in life to be a human being (however I really do hope you helped more than just one person in your life and continue to help others along the way)

P.P.S. The irony is that I fix computers for a living AND the driver solved my issue ;) ( lol )

and now the pictures:

44viuyH.jpg

9HwpIfE.jpg

akOfysx.jpg

qayELVR.jpg

Km7CcKt.jpg

MDidYwE.jpg

ef6DW4H.jpg

xJRbIQz.jpg

IRqNUze.jpg

3DcnsbC.jpg

H2A8DES.jpg

qTGlfEC.jpg

uFmgU3V.jpg

lqpVmlJ.jpg

3M8X2aH.jpg

5J00kkp.jpg

TqbWWof.jpg

ldRzaQv.jpg

q6vDYMJ.jpg

WElMo7D.jpg

7qZdXVj.jpg

Hh8eMP5.jpg

JcWXJdQ.jpg

BEtAF3B.jpg

0fcBCdv.jpg

D0E5vj4.jpg

YBITnPI.jpg

WJFJwaE.jpg

3nd79zZ.jpg

qpBUpOT.jpg

77yDMZY.jpg

jwyPvdz.jpg

OOvKOFK.jpg

o089JHm.jpg

aGR7dIr.jpg

DjP9gww.jpg

jNaIwRO.jpg

BGiVyhj.jpg

But. But. The 9 iron. It's bent

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

i wouldnt have minded taking those harddrives and dimms off your hands...

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

But. But. The 9 iron. It's bent

it's fine actually, i checked them out, just scratched up a bit :)

it's fine actually, i checked them out, just scratched up a bit :)

It looked a little bent in the first lot of pictures. I played a fair bit of golf a while ago, and glad it's not bent. Also, good job on delidding your CPU

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

It looked a little bent in the first lot of pictures. I played a fair bit of golf a while ago, and glad it's not bent. Also, good job on delidding your CPU

hahaha, yeah the cpu is completely done. it "took off??" some of the chip

i wouldnt have minded taking those harddrives and dimms off your hands...

sorry, nothing was spared for the purpose of my happiness :)

hahaha, yeah the cpu is completely done. it "took off??" some of the chip

This thread has so many pictures it just crashed my phone. And oh well, some coolaboratory ultimate on the die and some mx-4 on the IHS and it would be running better than ever

I am good at computer

Spoiler

sorry, nothing was spared for the purpose of my happiness :)

understandable :D this should be build of the week...

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

This thread has so many pictures it just crashed my phone. And oh well, some coolaboratory ultimate on the die and some mx-4 on the IHS and it would be running better than ever

its interesting you say that because: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42655-indigo-xtreme-vs-coollaboratory-liquid-ultra/

also, sorry for the phone bro.

understandable :D this should be build of the week...

i would love that, that would be so funny :P

its interesting you say that because: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42655-indigo-xtreme-vs-coollaboratory-liquid-ultra/

also, sorry for the phone bro.

No worries. It's a combination of me underclocking, low battery and no signal that caused Firefox to crash

I am good at computer

Spoiler

No worries. It's a combination of me underclocking, low battery and no signal that caused Firefox to crash

im guessing you underclocked to save battery?

im guessing you underclocked to save battery?

Yeah, I'm an extreme power user though. Really extreme. I use about 2 gigs of phone data a day... This thread just crashed it again. I only have 6 percent battery left

I am good at computer

Spoiler

oh damn, sorry bro, i use about 1 gig...hopefully there is wifi almost everywhere i go, i have a 3 gig plan, the rest if wifi, about 23 gigs and i use up all my data :) 

oh damn, sorry bro, i use about 1 gig...hopefully there is wifi almost everywhere i go, i have a 3 gig plan, the rest if wifi, about 23 gigs and i use up all my data :)

I have an unlimited 4g business plan for my phone just to cover myself. I never use wifi even when it's available cause my phone net is faster. 2%

I am good at computer

Spoiler

ur lucky, lol

$130 a month... What was it you said? Lucky?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Wow I guess it's a way to finish off in a good fashion a computer xD

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Talk about a driver killing your system.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1. i think this should be in offtopic

2. you need to take more pictures

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Just give me some of the stuff that didnt break.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Just give me some of the stuff that didnt break.

oh...its all broken, trust me