Computer speed.

Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,

internetspeed depends on what subscription u have with ur isp, if u pay for 30mbps ul probably get somwhere from 28-30mbs same goes for upload, ur friend probably has a better/higher bandwidth subscription than u, aswell keep in mind that speedtest servers can get different results

Alright, so I've got a new gaming rig that I just built and I was wondering if there is any way I can improve my computer speed. It actually runs fine in terms of normal performance but it just seems to fall behind in upload and download speed. So I went on speedtest.net and saw that I have a ping of 11 (which im satisfied with). However, my download speed was 28 Mbps and my upload speed was 5 Mbps. The fact of the matter is that I just want to know if there's any way to improve these two speeds? I already have a direct ethernet cat6 cable plugged into my pc and to my router.

Don't know how to improve any of these speeds. Also, if there's literally no solution, than can someone recommend me a service that provides great internet speeds? Cause I went over my friends house and saw he had a download speed of 60 Mbps and upload of 29 Mbps and I was only doing the test from my smartphone. 

internetspeed depends on what subscription u have with ur isp, if u pay for 30mbps ul probably get somwhere from 28-30mbs same goes for upload, ur friend probably has a better/higher bandwidth subscription than u, aswell keep in mind that speedtest servers can get different results

(◑‿◐)

Buy a better internet connection. That's about it. 

You could play around with some DNS settings, but it's not certain to improve speeds, and even if it does, it won't be by much. 

Sounds to me that it is a problem with your actual internet service, rather then anything else you are doing.

Hello.
My rig;
CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.7GhzRAM: HyperX Fury 8GB vengeance @ 1600MhzGPU: MSI R9 270 2GB, MOBO: MSI Z-97 SLI, PSU: Corsair 750M semi-modular 

You need to pay more for better internet

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Alright, so I've got a new gaming rig that I just built and I was wondering if there is any way I can improve my computer speed. It actually runs fine in terms of normal performance but it just seems to fall behind in upload and download speed. So I went on speedtest.net and saw that I have a ping of 11 (which im satisfied with). However, my download speed was 28 Mbps and my upload speed was 5 Mbps. The fact of the matter is that I just want to know if there's any way to improve these two speeds? I already have a direct ethernet cat6 cable plugged into my pc and to my router.

Don't know how to improve any of these speeds. Also, if there's literally no solution, than can someone recommend me a service that provides great internet speeds? Cause I went over my friends house and saw he had a download speed of 60 Mbps and upload of 29 Mbps and I was only doing the test from my smartphone. 

you have a better internet connection then 20% of the US, good job. Upgrading internet package, and well thats pretty much it.

you have a better internet connection then 20% of the US, good job. Upgrading internet package, and well thats pretty much it.

is it really that bad in the us? im on 200mb down 20up

(◑‿◐)

Not usually. I'm pretty sure most people in the US are just too ignorant to know or care about internet speeds. Every time I ask about people's speeds they never seem to have any clue as to what they are using or what they are paying for. Most people (like my parents) who are paying for this stuff usually have a deal with x amount of channels with telephone service and internet for a specific price and usually people go for what provides the best prices for the most amount of channels. People I know don't usually know nor care about internet speeds unless they are tech geeks like me. 

Not usually. I'm pretty sure most people in the US are just too ignorant to know or care about internet speeds. Every time I ask about people's speeds they never seem to have any clue as to what they are using or what they are paying for. Most people (like my parents) who are paying for this stuff usually have a deal with x amount of channels with telephone service and internet for a specific price and usually people go for what provides the best prices for the most amount of channels. People I know don't usually know nor care about internet speeds unless they are tech geeks like me. 

wow so ppl dont care if their getting ripped off paying more then they get for, thats a new one for me

(◑‿◐)

Not usually. I'm pretty sure most people in the US are just too ignorant to know or care about internet speeds. 

huh?????????????

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

yes really

FiOS isn't available here 

4759069e9ca8f53e342acfc285df3cf6.pngoh we also pay 65 for 15:1

I care about my speed, we just only have 3 providers,

TWC, Huges Net, FiOS,

two out of the 3 we can't get, take a guess which 

im in the US, not ignorant....

post-9191-0-55714900-1439093552.png

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

im in the US, not ignorant....

tell me your secret on that download speed, please. Lol. And what I said before was only referring to most people, not all. Only saying that because if I were to ask someone in my family "how many mb is your upload speed" literally no one would even know what a mb is...Same goes with other people I know, too.

tell me your secret on that download speed, please. Lol. And what I said before was only referring to most people, not all. Only saying that because if I were to ask someone in my family "how many mb is your upload speed" literally no one would even know what a mb is...Same goes with other people I know, too.

No secret....I live where there is cable. And the US is a country of "need it now", MOST Us people will get the fastest "everything" if its available.

And by the way, that was a high ping for me :P

No secret....I live where there is cable. And the US is a country of "need it now", MOST Us people will get the fastest "everything" if its available.

And by the way, that was a high ping for me :P

Not poor people who are forced to live with their grandmothers.

Not poor people who are forced to live with their grandmothers.

its kinda like pay-to-play-FAST...everything has its price :)

yes really

FiOS isn't available here

4759069e9ca8f53e342acfc285df3cf6.pngoh we also pay 65 for 15:1

I care about my speed, we just only have 3 providers,

TWC, Huges Net, FiOS,

two out of the 3 we can't get, take a guess which

HughesNet is available basically everywhere but is an AWFUL option and at its best can give you 0.5 mbps up & down with 600+ ping.. Even the worst DSL beats satellite.

HughesNet is available basically everywhere but is an AWFUL option and at its best can give you 0.5 mbps up & down with 600+ ping.. Even the worst DSL beats satellite.

No.no. Our HOA won't allow us to install dishes onto our houses. FORCING us into TWC