Anyone else buying the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX?

I would recomend this ones since they're magnetic, but i can't find them anywhere

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/premium-modding/alchemy2-magnetic-led-strips#specs

Yeah I saw kyles review of them. I think I might get those. My reservoir is going to take up most of the empty space at the front of the case. I'll probably put the LEDs along the front edge where you can't see them but they'll light up the res very well

Looks like the waiting continues....

Yep! Sucks, if I would have known they'd do this I would have pre ordered one before they sold out.

I'm pretty close to choosing a different case lol

I don't see the anthracite gray Evolv ATX listed on the Phanteks US website. :(

Me either, and that was the one I liked the most. They'll most likely release it later. Maybe they keep pushing it back due to manufacturing shortage? I'm thinking of just going with a micro-atx build if they don't release the atx one in September. If it gets pushed back again I may just do that.

I am going to send Phanteks an e-mail and ask them what is going on with the availability.  I will let you know what I find out.

I am going to send Phanteks an e-mail and ask them what is going on with the availability. I will let you know what I find out.

Alright. They usually take about 2-3 days to email back. That's been my experience anyway lol. Let us know please

I heard back from Phanteks US. 

Phanteks said that both Newegg and Amazon will be receiving 10 cases from the first shipment.  Not sure if that is 10 cases each, or 10 cases between both Newegg and Amazon.

The Anthracite Gray model has been discontinued due to an issue with the anodizing.

Phanteks said that both Newegg and Amazon will be receiving 10 cases from the first shipment. Not sure if that is 10 cases each, or 10 cases between both Newegg and Amazon.

The Anthracite Gray model has been discontinued due to an issue with the anodizing.

Luckily I'm wanting the black version, but that still sucks the gray model won't be out. It looked so damn good. I'll keep checking newegg and buy one asap. Thanks for the heads up!!!

That sucks.  I've been deciding between this and the new cooler master mastercase 5 pro. I like the look of the evolv a lot more though.  Really has a premium look to it.  Anyone know how it'll handle SLI with just air cooling?  One thing I'm curious about is if you can fit fans on the top of the top fan slide out (not on the bottom of it as I've seen). It seems like they should fit. I would ideally be able to do this and put white led fans up there to induce some kind of downward lighting or something. 

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

That sucks.  I've been deciding between this and the new cooler master mastercase 5 pro. I like the look of the evolv a lot more though.  Really has a premium look to it.  Anyone know how it'll handle SLI with just air cooling?  One thing I'm curious about is if you can fit fans on the top of the top fan slide out (not on the bottom of it as I've seen). It seems like they should fit. I would ideally be able to do this and put white led fans up there to induce some kind of downward lighting or something. 

I dont think they'll fit. I think it's only on the bottom of the slide out rail thing.

Phanteks said that both Newegg and Amazon will be receiving 10 cases from the first shipment.  Not sure if that is 10 cases each, or 10 cases between both Newegg and Amazon.

I would switch up my color scheme and buy the gray evolv atx just to use this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130870

It looks like the Anthracite Gray *is* planned for production.

post-11927-0-01365800-1440708602_thumb.j

It looks like the Anthracite Gray *is* planned for production.

Good. End of October, maybe I'll have the money for my build by then.

I'm wondering how you will achieve positive pressure in this case using a AIO cooler.

It seems like the way the case is designed you're supposed to use a top mounted radiator as an exhaust rather as an intake, so with lets say a Corsair H110 with 2x140mm fans, as exhaust + the rear 140mm exhaust fan, with only 2x140mm fans as intake, it seems that there will be quite a bit of negative pressure within the case.

I'm wondering how you will achieve positive pressure in this case using a AIO cooler.

It seems like the way the case is designed you're supposed to use a top mounted radiator as an exhaust rather as an intake, so with lets say a Corsair H110 with 2x140mm fans, as exhaust + the rear 140mm exhaust fan, with only 2x140mm fans as intake, it seems that there will be quite a bit of negative pressure within the case.

My plan for this case was to have 3 120mm fans on the front for intake, flipping the rear exhaust fan and making it an intake, then using the top mount for dual 140mm exhaust. That way there's plenty of positive pressure

I just got one a few days ago. It's pretty sweet. A few things to note. The case could've really benefited from being even two inches taller. One inch on either end of the motherboard. This in turn would've allowed for three 140mm intake fans. Right now it looks weird because there's almost enough room for a third one. Instead it's just empty space. There's very little space if you have a very long psu for cables in the psu compartment. Mine is a corsair ax1200i. I had to remove the bottom hdd compartment. This means all HDDs, if I had any, would be in the front and no real usage of that area for water cooling extras. The behind the motherboard area has very limited cable management options. I would've preferred no "showcase" SSD mount as the cable management for that is weird and you can't really remove the mounting points. Would've been nice if they had an SSD stack cradle option that could be used in one of the main HDD mounting areas. Regardless, can't beat the sexy look. I like it a lot more than my ugly haf x behemoth.

Cooling is great even on all air for the gpus. I also tried it with my noctua nh-u14s. I actually got about the same temps, except the air cooler was noticeably quieter. I may end up just returning the h100i.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/e8-qJS8AilmsAn_raInz1XiBqWwOb0OY098nas1vTzY=w1214-h683-no

Update.  Got rid of the h100i due to insane pump noises.  Replaced it with this setup.  I'll probably keep that since it performs just fine and saves me $120.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gHQH784U7lZqqQVEjP4dtesGwOwN-KfEd7Y4BsbP0lM=w1276-h718-no

I'd suggest trying to use the rear exhaust fan as a front intake fan, to see if that helps with the airflow, which might be issue.

Though with non blower GPU coolers that heat will need a way to get out too.

Do you have another 120/140mm fan you can use as a rear exhaust?

Edit: Reading the specs it seems you can only do triple 120mm in the front of the case.

• 1 month later...

Just got an email an hour ago from Phanteks, you can pre-order the Evolv ATX in Grey!!!

I ended up getting rid of mine due to overheating problems. Oh well.

I ordered the nzxt s340 last night, then I get this email.

Oh well, maybe I'll buy one, one day.

I ordered the nzxt s340 last night, then I get this email.

Oh well, maybe I'll buy one, one day.

My setup did involve two gtx 780 Tis. MSI's Gaming versions.

• 2 months later...

After seeing Dmitri get this case in galaxy silver or whatever they like to call it I've been wanting this case more and more. Wish they included a top fan filter so it could be used as intake though