So is my windows 7 key now a windows 10 key?

OfficialJsP

is my windows 7 oem key now a normal windows 10 key after upgrading?

No, your windows 7 key is still a windows 7 key.  The upgrade just validated your computer's hardware for windows 10, so if you ever need to reinstall you actually don't need a key at all.  It will see that your hardware was validated for windows 10 and activate automatically.

Yes, and you should obtain your new key for future reference.

Your Windwos 7 key I believe is invalidated although I've never checked for myself.

Yes, and you should obtain your new key for future reference.

Your Windwos 7 key I believe is invalidated although I've never checked for myself.

where can i find my new key or it it just the same as the old one?

short answer

No. You have to upgarde later on

emmm what?

is it weird that I thought you were talking about the little button next to ctrl and alt? .-.

yes

Answering your question: No, see Speaker1264's post. You can see your key with Speccy; but a key is probably associated and HWID locked through your motherboard.

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

emmm what?

yes

Bro don't listen to the misinformationists. If you do a clean install of windows 10 at any point in time in the future you do not need a key.  It will activate automatically once it checks your hardware.

Bro don't listen to the misinformationists. If you do a clean install of windows 10 at any point in time in the future you do not need a key.  It will activate automatically once it checks your hardware.

No one said anything about doing a fresh install. I was looking for my key because I am doing a hardware swap soon and i am going to see if I can get Microsoft support to reactivate my key once I have upgraded my PC but thanks for the help.

No one said anything about doing a fresh install. I was looking for my key because I am doing a hardware swap soon and i am going to see if I can get Microsoft support to reactivate my key once I have upgraded my PC but thanks for the help.

Would have been helpful to include that information in the original post.  You will just have to do the hardware swap and see if the OS remains validated.  If not you will have to do a fresh install of windows 7 with your original windows 7 key and then upgrade back to windows 10.

Would have been helpful to include that information in the original post.  You will just have to do the hardware swap and see if the OS remains validated.  If not you will have to do a fresh install of windows 7 with your original windows 7 key and then upgrade back to windows 10.

Why would I need to include that information when I am just asking if my windows 7 key is now a windows 10 key?

Why would I need to include that information when I am just asking if my windows 7 key is now a windows 10 key?

I already told you it does not become a windows 10 key and you do not receive a windows 10 key in any shape or form.  And without more information it is impossible to help you any further.  And asking for a windows 10 key would not have helped you at all if you were trying to upgrade hardware, so the answer to the original question wouldn't have actually helped you at all.