Help picking out an internal disc reader

Toasted_Toast
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Internal desktop one. I have a slot on my tower that has nothing in it.. so I might as well use it. Haha.

Works: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1stblkbas

Hi there! So school's about to start up for me, and I realize that 60% of my books includes a C.D. in them, which have the worksheets and stuff I need to.. well.. for homework and whatnot.. problem is.. my tower doesn't have a disc reader... So I'm planning on buying one! So I can just buy a reader.. but I think I'll go with a burner, since I like burning music disks to play in the car. I just don't know what a good one is... I'm thinking of dishing out abit more cash and getting a Blu-ray burner, so I can watch Blu-rays too, and I only need a Blu-ray burner so I can burn music C.D.'s.

I don't know.. what do you guys recommend?

Hi there! So school's about to start up for me, and I realize that 60% of my books includes a C.D. in them, which have the worksheets and stuff I need to.. well.. for homework and whatnot.. problem is.. my tower doesn't have a disc reader... So I'm planning on buying one! So I can just buy a reader.. but I think I'll go with a burner, since I like burning music disks to play in the car. I just don't know what a good one is... I'm thinking of dishing out abit more cash and getting a Blu-ray burner, so I can watch Blu-rays too, and I only need a Blu-ray burner so I can burn music C.D.'s.

I don't know.. what do you guys recommend?

You want an internal desktop one or a portable USB one?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I usually go with the cheapest ASUS one. As for Blu-ray... dunno, are you really gonna buy and watch those with all the movie streaming services we have now?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

You want an internal desktop one or a portable USB one?

Internal desktop one. I have a slot on my tower that has nothing in it.. so I might as well use it. Haha.

Works: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1stblkbas

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I usually go with the cheapest ASUS one. As for Blu-ray... dunno, are you really gonna buy and watch those with all the movie streaming services we have now?

Yeah.. that is true... And I checked the prices for a Blu-ray, and.. wow they're expensive... Thanks for changing my mind on that Zeke!

Ah okay! Thanks for that!