Extremely Jumpy Vcore and CPU frequency

Hi. I recently overclocked my 3570k to 4.2 GHZ on a maximus V gene using a -.005 offset voltage. I also turned load line calibration to regular (0%). The overclock seems stable, but when doing normal tasks like web browsing, my Vcore jumps from 1.23V max to 1.0-ish volts, and the CPU frequency switches anywhere from 2.5 to 4.2. When I run prime 95, it stays at 4.2 and the voltage is 1.52V, completely static. The jumps when i'm doing normal browsing occur multiple times per second, so I'm worried that this may hurt the life of my CPU. I want to keep the turbo and downvolting when idle features on, but I don't want it to switch every single second, is there anything I can do?

dont use offset/adaptive voltages at all they will cause huge voltage spikes from time to time... its better to just manually set voltages and enable c states in the cpu

(◑‿◐)

Your CPU will downvolt and downclock as necessary for the speeds. That's normal.

As for 1.52v in Prime95... WHAT? What did you set the voltage to? That's insanely high.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

The fact that it lowers the frequency and the voltage while idling or just webbrowsing is totally normal. It doesn't need to run at 4.2GHz for those tasks so it downclocks, that's the entire point of offset or adaptive voltage over constant manual voltage. Prime95, at least on Haswell, makes the CPU request more voltage and is not a great stresstesting program when using offset or adaptive voltage, just use it when you're using manual voltage. 

dont use offset/adaptive voltages at all they will cause huge voltage spikes from time to time...

Only with those stress-testing programs really. Adaptive voltage works absolutely fine for normal and heavy use, I'm personally not a huge fan of messing with the offset voltage though. 

Do not use offset or automatic voltage. Finding a stable manual overcloxk takes time, but it's well worth it to know your voltage won't spike for no apparent reason and destroy your CPU

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)