looking for laptop for college

bobfreeman

i'm looking for a laptop to get for college. it has to be portable and fairly powerful while being quiet and having  good battery life. I've already had a razer blade 2015, but returned it because it got very loud even while web browsing. budget is around $3000 usd.

forgot, I would like to be able to game, but it's not really that much of a concern

i'm looking for a laptop to get for college. it has to be portable and fairly powerful while being quiet and having  good battery life. I've already had a razer blade 2015, but returned it because it got very loud even while web browsing. budget is around $3000 usd.

the dell xps 15 is worth checking out

asus rog also have some good options

try getting ur hands on a older acer aspire 6935g ( got one for quite a few years... it can game pretty decent for a laptop and wasnt expensive to begin with... should be super cheap atm through trading/other ppl )

if u really wish to spend all that money just go with a gaming laptop, for 3000$ u can easily get top notch gaming laptops ;P

(◑‿◐)

you can't have a laptop with all that

its either gonna be powerful...or have great battery life

the only other option is you buy an extra battery..or battery pack

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

How can I ask a question?

you just go to the corresponding category (for example "general discussion") and click "start a new topic" on the top right corner

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-intel-4th-generation-mobile-haswell-processors-ct-95_51_421.html

take a look through here

i think he said "portable", those are fairly bulky

not all of them

and depends what he means by portable

should probably just have a nice laptop bag for it

snip

Omg, get this, so much more powerful than the Razer Blade and much less quiet even though it is just like 1.13 inches thick

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8652-S.html

The default config should be alright.

This is based on the Clevo P650SG, I also have this machine but from a different Clevo reseller though, and I simply love it and I bring it to school everyday. At least you can save about half your budget.

I get about 4 hours of usage in class without playing games.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Omg, get this, so much more powerful than the Razer Blade and much less quiet even though it is just like 1.13 inches thick

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8652-S.html

The default config should be alright.

This is based on the Clevo P650SG, I also have this machine but from a different Clevo reseller though, and I simply love it and I bring it to school everyday. At least you can save about half your budget.

I get about 4 hours of usage in class without playing games.

how loud is it at idle and load?

how loud is it at idle and load?

Idle is quiet, on load it varies on what kind of load, I always set the fans at max when playing games, so I cannot really tell you the amount of noise it makes on load.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap