i7 and 820m or i5 and 840m

ciprian97pop

A friend of mine is looking for a laptop and has a bigger budget that what I had( about 3 times the budget :o )

At first he wanted a gaming laptop to be able to play every new game(and he also thought that the people who spend 1000+ euros for a laptop that you can't game on are stupid :D ). After a litle bit of talking i managed to convince him that it's not worth to carry around with you all day for the next 2-3 years a 3+kg laptop only to game like 1 hour at night so I convinced him to gen an ultrabook with a dedicated gpu.

I came down to these 2 options

The first one has an i7 cpu with a Nvidia GT 820m 2GB

http://www.cel.ro/laptop-laptopuri/ultrabook-asus-tp300ld_c4101h-i7_4510u-128gb-8gb-gt820m-2gb-win8-full-hd-touch-l/

(sry for the links in romanian, I couldn't find the same specs on amazon)

And the second one has an i5 but with a 840M 2gb

http://www.cel.ro/laptop-laptopuri/ultrabook-asus-ux303ln_dq284h-i5_5200u-256gb-8gb-gt840m-2gb-win8-qhd-l/

I personally think that the second one would be the better option because the i5 and i7 are quite simillar, it's lighter and thinner and has a bigger ssd. the other one has a touch screen and is also a convertible but he doesn't really care about those things

so which one would you choose, and do you think that I made a good decission with these two? also, do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

i5 and 840

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

i5 with a better gpu.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The UX303LN is by far the better ultrabook, CPUs are basically identical in performance but the 840m is leagues ahead of the 820m plus 256 SSD

A friend of mine is looking for a laptop and has a bigger budget that what I had( about 3 times the budget :o )

At first he wanted a gaming laptop to be able to play every new game(and he also thought that the people who spend 1000+ euros for a laptop that you can't game on are stupid :D ). After a litle bit of talking i managed to convince him that it's not worth to carry around with you all day for the next 2-3 years a 3+kg laptop only to game like 1 hour at night so I convinced him to gen an ultrabook with a dedicated gpu.

I came down to these 2 options

The first one has an i7 cpu with a Nvidia GT 820m 2GB

http://www.cel.ro/laptop-laptopuri/ultrabook-asus-tp300ld_c4101h-i7_4510u-128gb-8gb-gt820m-2gb-win8-full-hd-touch-l/

(sry for the links in romanian, I couldn't find the same specs on amazon)

And the second one has an i5 but with a 840M 2gb

http://www.cel.ro/laptop-laptopuri/ultrabook-asus-ux303ln_dq284h-i5_5200u-256gb-8gb-gt840m-2gb-win8-qhd-l/

I personally think that the second one would be the better option because the i5 and i7 are quite simillar, it's lighter and thinner and has a bigger ssd. the other one has a touch screen and is also a convertible but he doesn't really care about those things

so which one would you choose, and do you think that I made a good decission with these two? also, do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you :)

What's your friend's budget?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

What's your friend's budget?

about 1000 euros in our currency(romania) 

he wants to buy from an online store from our country, so no amazon/ebay

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb