Game Not Working With Windows 10 >:(

Matthew12106

I knew it. I was hesitant to upgrade to windows 10 for this exactly bloody reason >:(. I am really into playing rocket league but ever since I upgraded to windows 10 it just gives me a black screen when I launch it. Some people suggested running steam as an administrator but that didn't work either. No I don't want to wait for a patch because I am addicted to this game. Is the only option reverting back to windows 7.... Why did this have to happen. Also, If I un-install the game from steam and reinstall will all my save data be kept because I guess I could try that? I don't know if this helps but when I hover over the rocket league window it says TA game 32 bit directX 9. Not sure why it is running in directX 9, maybe it's because it's not very intensive? IDK 

Please help

My Gaming Setup: CPU: AMD FX-8350  |  CoolingCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo   Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0   Ram: Corsair 16gb 1600mhz lp (2x8)   GPU: Msi Gtx 970 |  StorageSeagate Barracuda 1tb & Samsung 840 Evo 120gb   PSU: XFX 550w Core Edition   Case: Corsair 760t   OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit  

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry Mx Brown   Mouse: Corsair M65 Black   Speakers: Microlab FC20 40w 2.1   Monitor: LG 29UM65 29" 2560x1080 IPS 5ms Ultra Wide

you did update your drivers, right?

Woo!

I knew it. I was hesitant to upgrade to windows 10 for this exactly bloody reason > :(. I am really into playing rocket league but ever since I upgraded to windows 10 it just gives me a black screen when I launch it. Some people suggested running steam as an administrator but that didn't work either. No I don't want to wait for a patch because I am addicted to this game. Is the only option reverting back to windows 7.... Why did this have to happen. Also, If I un-install the game from steam and reinstall will all my save data be kept because I guess I could try that? I don't know if this helps but when I hover over the rocket league window it says TA game 32 bit directX 9. Not sure why it is running in directX 9, maybe it's because it's not very intensive? IDK 

Please help

go into  the game files and backup your save then reinstall the game

Favourite Game: 
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion -[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks and the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary, 2K Games. It is the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and preceding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Oblivion was first released in March 2006. 

Favourite Music: 
Look at my Mixcloud [https://www.mixcloud.com/Gabelele/]  If you want  

PC specs: 

-Pentium G3258 
-GTX 750ti 
-8gb no name RAM 
-MSI h81m-e34 
-240gb Kingston SSD now SSD 
-1tb Seagate baracuda HDD 
-500watt Aero cool 'X-strike' PSU 
-Bitfenix Neos (Blue Y Black) 

- Modded Microsoft -Intelli mouse [linustechtips.com] (thanks to TheRandomness X/) 
-Logitech K120 keyboard 
-ASUS 21.5" 1080p monitor 

No mates facts: 

Favorite tank: Sturmgeschütz III (I understand the Sturmgeschütz series are not technically tanks but infact SPGs, 'got me') 
Favorite Aircraft: Henschel Hs 129

Roles or characters in games: 
WarThunder = Tank destroyer and sometimes my KV-1B if im bored 
CSGO = Sniper, I seem to be able to AWP 'well' apperently 
RPGs in general = Mage or Tank w/ resoration

Yea, update drivers first, if that no work, then re-install the game. Anything that worked on win7 or 8 should work fine on win10. Updating instead of clean install sometimes introduces gremlins. Just like computers, make sure they don't get wet...

When in doubt, re-format.

verify the integrity of the game cache, it's fixed all the issues with games not starting. Just right click the game go to properties and it should be there under local files. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

you did update your drivers, right?

Of course, I probably should of mentioned that though...

My Gaming Setup: CPU: AMD FX-8350  |  CoolingCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo   Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0   Ram: Corsair 16gb 1600mhz lp (2x8)   GPU: Msi Gtx 970 |  StorageSeagate Barracuda 1tb & Samsung 840 Evo 120gb   PSU: XFX 550w Core Edition   Case: Corsair 760t   OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit  

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry Mx Brown   Mouse: Corsair M65 Black   Speakers: Microlab FC20 40w 2.1   Monitor: LG 29UM65 29" 2560x1080 IPS 5ms Ultra Wide

Of course, I probably should of mentioned that though...

don't know how I can help. But I can confirm Rocket League works perfectly fine on Windows 10 mate. Windows 10 is built from windows 8.1 so if it worked on 8.1 it will work on Win10. I've been nothing but pleased with Windows 10 I've even noticed slight performance boost in CPU heavy games mostly ARMA 3 I've never had it so good in game. I can't wait till they update the game for full DX12 implementation.  I will say I did have to do a full re-download and install of some games on my steam library to be able to use. I had trouble with ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA and all the DLC also Mortal Kombat X. Best to run through each game you have and make sure you have all necessary stuff to run the game as steam always does a first time install on them 

verify the integrity of the game cache, it's fixed all the issues with games not starting. Just right click the game go to properties and it should be there under local files. 

It said one file was faulty and fixed it but still it is not working

don't know how I can help. But I can confirm Rocket League works perfectly fine on Windows 10 mate. Windows 10 is built from windows 8.1 so if it worked on 8.1 it will work on Win10. I've been nothing but pleased with Windows 10 I've even noticed slight performance boost in CPU heavy games mostly ARMA 3 I've never had it so good in game. I can't wait till they update the game for full DX12 implementation.  I will say I did have to do a full re-download and install of some games on my steam library to be able to use. I had trouble with ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA and all the DLC also Mortal Kombat X. Best to run through each game you have and make sure you have all necessary stuff to run the game as steam always does a first time install on them 

"Perfectly fine". Well not for me 

It said one file was faulty and fixed it but still it is not working

It's working for me without issue. Maybe try running the games .exe in compatibility mode? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's working for me without issue. Maybe try running the games .exe in compatibility mode? 

I'm current reinstalling I'll see what happens then

I am so done. I just don't even. I think windows 10 hates me. Surely when I found that 1 faulty file that would fix it but nope. But wait there is another solution. When I first installed windows 10 I left it to do its thing while I did other stuff. When I came back and I noticed that geoforce experience said the drivers were updated with me actually updating to windows 10 I assumed it did it automatically. However in the display drivers folder I did not see the windows 10 one so I assumed it was a glitch. Anyways I downloaded the driver from nvidia's website and installed and restarted. I was very happy surely this had to be the problem... NOPE. still nothing. Why is this happening. I should of never upgraded > :( I've been at this for hours, reinstalled game, reinstalled driver, check game files, ran steam in administrator mode and ran rocket league in the compatibility mode you were on about. This is so frustrating 

I am so done. I just don't even. I think windows 10 hates me. Surely when I found that 1 faulty file that would fix it but nope. But wait there is another solution. When I first installed windows 10 I left it to do its thing while I did other stuff. When I came back and I noticed that geoforce experience said the drivers were update with me actually updating I assumed it did it automatically. However in the display drivers folder I did not see the windows 10 one so I assumed it was a glitch. Anyways I downloaded the driber from nvidias website and installed and restarted. I was veyr happy surley this had to be the problem... NOPE. still nothing. Why is this happening. I should of never upgraded > :( I've been at this for hours, reinstalled game, reinstalled driver, check game files, ran steam in administrator mode and ran rocket league in the compatibility mode you were on about. This is so frustrating 

Maybe run CCleaner and flush out the old drivers? And repeat those steps. Really not too sure, sorry I wish I could be more help. :)

Maybe run CCleaner and flush out the old drivers? And repeat those steps. Really not too sure, sorry I wish I could be more help. :)

i think I've done something very stupid. I right clicked on my gpu to uninstall the driver and delete driver software, because I heard that could be a problem... But now it won't even install the new driver saying the driver could not find compatible graphics hardware........ what now?

I'm sure you did this but did you just reboot after removing the card from device manager?  Windows should re-detect it.

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

I give up. I hate windows 10. I hate rocket league. I hate everything

I give up. I hate windows 10. I hate rocket league. I hate everything

do a clean install of 10

update your drivers

and update the redistrubatables

and update the game

will work fine then

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile