Motherboard Drivers for Windows 10

Hey guys, I was just wondering about a couple of things regarding motherboard drivers and windows 10.  So, I have an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, which is quite old, and it seems ASUS has stopped updating the drivers on their website.  So once I fresh installed windows 10 I wanted to make sure that all of my drivers were up to date, but I only really had the option to download windows 8.1 64-bit drivers instead of windows 10 64-bit.  I did this, but like I said, I don't think they are up to date, and I have been getting weird freezes, which I believe is due to incompatible drivers.  So, I was wondering should I just be happy with the windows generic drivers, and stop trying to get up to date drivers?  If not, then where else can I get the drivers?  I've tried Intel's website and I could not find any drivers that made sense, and the automatic utility seems useless. 

Here are the full specs that I could come up with of my cpu+motherboard.

Specs-

i5-3570K CPU
ASUS P8Z77-v Pro Motherboard
Intel Z77 Chipset
Realtek ALC892 Audio
Intel 82579V Ethernet
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

Chipset Drivers-
Intel INF Driver
Intel Management Engine Driver
Intel Management Engine Firmware

Video Drivers-
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver HD Graphics 4000

Audio Drivers-
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Lan Drivers-
Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver

Wi-Fi Drivers-
Atheros Wireless Driver

USB 3.0 Drivers-
Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
ASMedia USB 3.0 Driver
ASMedia USB 3.0 Firmware

SATA Drivers-
ASMedia SATA Controller Driver
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

windows update should install those drivers for you (a new feature that is kind of dumb)

and they might cause conflicts with the drives you installed manually

check your windows update history, maybe it already installed display driver for you

windows update should install those drivers for you (a new feature that is kind of dumb)

and they might cause conflicts with the drives you installed manually

check your windows update history, maybe it already installed display driver for you

It's weird though because, for example, the Intel Management Engine Interface that was installed initially was version 8.1.0.1263, but on my motherboard's website I was able to download and install version 9.5.10.1658.  There were other drivers like that as well, that either did not show up in the device manager at all, or were seemingly older than the ones on the motherboard's website.  Even then, the latest windows 8.1 drivers on ASUS's website were from almost 2 years ago.  If there really isn't any other way to getting the latest drivers though I guess I will have to stick with the generic ones, since I'd rather not use old windows 8.1 drivers.

It's weird though because, for example, the Intel Management Engine Interface that was installed initially was version 8.1.0.1263, but on my motherboard's website I was able to download and install version 9.5.10.1658.  There were other drivers like that as well, that either did not show up in the device manager at all, or were seemingly older than the ones on the motherboard's website.  Even then, the latest windows 8.1 drivers on ASUS's website were from almost 2 years ago.  If there really isn't any other way to getting the latest drivers though I guess I will have to stick with the generic ones, since I don't want to use old windows 8.1 drivers.

yeah asus just stops supplying new drivers after a year or so

its something that disappoints me a little

if your screen freezes tho thats probably caused by the display driver

yeah asus just stops supplying new drivers after a year or so

its something that disappoints me a little

if your screen freezes tho thats probably caused by the display driver

I don't think it is just the screen, the whole system just locks up.

I don't think it is just the screen, the whole system just locks up.

that sounds more like a bad ram stick

try just 1 at a time in different sockets

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile