Turn Off Lights on the Asus Maximus V Formula

Go to solution Solved by JKAPhoto,

Created an account for the sole reason to reply to this post. Probably wont ever look on here again.

I have a Maximus VII Hero and this worked for me, possibly you could have the same settings.

In the BIOS there is ROG effects. You can disable them but they will be off all the time, even when computer is on.

There is also another setting I found in APM. ErP [enabled S5] allows the motherboard cut power to less than 1W. This will disable any perephial wake options and will only be able to power on by power button. BUT it will turn off ALL LEDs to the mobo. Going this route will allow you to keep the ROG effects on.

I had a this problem, it took me weeks to find the answer. I would power off and the GPU LED would still be on and my WD MyBook that has no power button whatsoever would stay on and blink the activity led in sleep mode.

This ErP/EuP function solved the issue. I believe now the mobo does not stay in a low power state with USB ports active. I have no lights now when I power on.

Is there a way to turn ON the Lights of the Asus Maximus V Formula when booted but turned OFF when the it has been shut down?

Now the lights on the Mobo will flash when it is turned off!

There is an option in the bios (Led Control) but this will disable the lights when the Mobo is turned on as well.

Don't think so, I had this board a while back. It's either always on or off  :mellow:

when you turn it off you can turn the switch on your power supply off as long as you have a power supply with a power switch. its a bit of a hassle really but its the only way to do it that I know of.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

Yea, exactly, a bit of a hassle all the time. I really wish asus came up with a bios update that would enable this feature. 

I really like the lighting effects they have done on the board!

Wait, you're trying to say that the lights on the motherboard stay on when the system is off?

If other people say that they have boards that have this problem, then this is unacceptable for Asus on their high-end RoG series.

There should be a BIOS update for it soon, hopefully. Nag Asus about it, and maybe it'll happen.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

I've might have found an other way,..

Can I use the connector on the ROG logo and connect that wire/connector to the power supply?

This will cut the power to the ROG logo when I shutdown the computer I would think.

This can however not be done with the red line (PCB separation)

• 4 months later...

Nope,..

The ROG forum suggested to connect the ROG logo connector to any fan connection on the motherboard.

I haven't done it yet, I want to make sure the voltages are the same for the led and the fan connection (12v),..?

The short answer is - no! The lights are either on all the time or off all the time. Unfortunately there is no in-between. The option can be changed in the BIOS. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

• 2 months later...

Sure you can set the light to be off when pc is off, and to be it on when pc is on.

In your bios you have to enable c6/c7 states, this way the pc will power down complitly and the lights will also turn off.

You could, you know... cut the power from the socket, like most people do.

• 6 months later...

Created an account for the sole reason to reply to this post. Probably wont ever look on here again.

I have a Maximus VII Hero and this worked for me, possibly you could have the same settings.

In the BIOS there is ROG effects. You can disable them but they will be off all the time, even when computer is on.

There is also another setting I found in APM. ErP [enabled S5] allows the motherboard cut power to less than 1W. This will disable any perephial wake options and will only be able to power on by power button. BUT it will turn off ALL LEDs to the mobo. Going this route will allow you to keep the ROG effects on.

I had a this problem, it took me weeks to find the answer. I would power off and the GPU LED would still be on and my WD MyBook that has no power button whatsoever would stay on and blink the activity led in sleep mode.

This ErP/EuP function solved the issue. I believe now the mobo does not stay in a low power state with USB ports active. I have no lights now when I power on.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks newbie ! (if you decided to come back)

Putting "ErP ready" on enabled didn't work at first (it switched back to disabled) but this was because the "USB charging support" was enabled in the "onboard devices" tab (also under APM). After disabling it, I could enabled ErP ready.

• 6 months later...

where can i find the BIOS? (im a noob in tech :D)

-Burningcloud