CPU and GPU at once?

So I have started folding on my parents i3 while I am home (will let it go once I am back at school as well, FOR SCIENCE!) But my question is, I will have two different rigs to fold on, an aging 775 machine with a e6600 @ stock (Can't push it, I pencil moded the mobo and it "died" on me once, long story short, it works now but I don't want to go out of spec with it), a 2500 (not a K so can't really OC), a GTX 275 and a GTX 460. I plan to use all of these, but my experience in the past was that folding 100% on CPU and GPU significant slows down the CPU PPD which is fine, I just want to make sure my GPU's are being maximized  as I assume they will put out more numbers than the CPU's.

Question is, should I run a GPU on each machine and leave say 1 core open on each CPU to be dedicated to handling the GPU folding, or run both GPU's on the 2500 system? I just want to maximize the help I am giving to the cause!

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Question is, should I run a GPU on each machine and leave say 1 core open on each CPU to be dedicated to handling the GPU folding, or run both GPU's on the 2500 system? I just want to maximize the help I am giving to the cause!

If you want to but if you set the slider to light it uses 50% of the CPU (on mine at least) so should give you a decent amount left over for other things, the PC's will have to be on idle though for the GPU is kick in unless you set it to full usage (I really don't like that, come on F@H).

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

With the new Core17 project - CPU utilization hit from the GPU is a lot better, but you are not always guaranteed to get one. When you get a Core16 - bam. :)

So yes, a good idea is to leave one core free. So on a 4 core system for example, only have CPU:3.

As for the video cards, totally up to you if you want to run both GPU in one or split them. Won't make much difference if you have both systems up and running and folding on the CPU...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99