What is your Favorite australian food

YT2002

In Australia, you are the food...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Depends on the Grill'd I have found. When I was in Melbourne in 2012 I had Grill'd at Highpoint, it was epic hands down best chain burger I had had to date. Had it up here at home on the Gold Coast, when I found out they opened one near me it was shit, same with last time I was in Melbourne this time at the one at Southern Cross Station (it was across the road from where I was staying at the time) it too was pretty lame in comparison.

Its the best Burger chain, agreed... but best burgers? No, they are terrible compared to some of the burger joints in Sydney. I've tried 3 Grillds in Sydney: Chatswood, Darling Harbour and Macquarie and they were all pretty good, its just... some of the burgers you can get around where I live just blow them away...

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Probably not Australian but when I was over there we had steak pie and chips. Goddamn was it amazing :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Probably not Australian but when I was over there we had steak pie and chips. Goddamn was it amazing :)

a good old meat pie is pretty australian tbh

What is your favourite australian food. Mine is timtams

I have no idea what "Australian food" is as I far as i was aware there is a big mix there with huge asian influences.

The closest thing Ive had to Australian is Ostrich Burgers. They were quite nice.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

My favourite Australian food? DO kangaroo burgers count. cos they're delicious. Or haw about anything that's come off a barbecue, as that's basically Australia.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Its the best Burger chain, agreed... but best burgers? No, they are terrible compared to some of the burger joints in Sydney. I've tried 3 Grillds in Sydney: Chatswood, Darling Harbour and Macquarie and they were all pretty good, its just... some of the burgers you can get around where I live just blow them away...

For sure. I had an awesome burger at a deli near where a mate works on Saturday. Would eat there again even though it was $14 for the damn thing lol.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I have good friends in Australia. they made these awesome like meat pies... so good.

For sure. I had an awesome burger at a deli near where a mate works on Saturday. Would eat there again even though it was $14 for the damn thing lol.

Only $14? Some of the good stuff where I live is $18+

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Australia has the best lamb I've ever had. A meal in the alleys of Melbourne (I'm sure there is a proper name for what I am describing) really sticks to mind. It was super basic, just a lamb shank with potatoes in wine sauce but damn it was tasty!

Also, you guys actually offer the type of espresso drink I prefer. Here in the US, most people drink one or two shots mixed like 1:10 with milk and sugar. Gross. You guys do it right with the flat white, like a 1:1 or 1:2 espresso:milk ratio.

Oh, and what do you call the high fat milk product found at all the stores? It is like yogurt, but isn't labeled as such. Man that stuff is awesome, it is like breakfast ice cream!

Closest thing to Australian food I've ever had is Outback Steakhouse, which I've been informed is nothing like Australian food, so I've no idea.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Closest thing to Australian food I've ever had is Outback Steakhouse, which I've been informed is nothing like Australian food, so I've no idea.

I'll post this just to be evil

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

kangaroo

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

SHRIMP ONNA BAR-B

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I'll post this just to be evil

-snip

Seen it. That's also how I know that Outback isn't Australian food.

Even if it was, it tasted like shit. Their steak tasted like lighter fluid, and the blooming onions were WAY too hot for my liking.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs