My specs:

1xOpteron 4280

SuperMicro MBD-H8DCL-IF-O

4GB RAM

An old hard drive i found in my closet

Ubuntu 12.10

My PPD:

6-7k

What am i doing wrong? I was excited about getting a dedicated system up and running, hoping to crank out decent PPD to move me up in the stats. My overclocked fx4100 gets around that many PPD, so shouldn't the 8-core Opteron get much more then that?

The machine has been running most of the day (its first day running at all) on project 7523, if this helps at all. Do i just need to wait a few days and see if it jumps up?

Thanks in advance

~Judah

My specs:

1xOpteron 4280

SuperMicro MBD-H8DCL-IF-O

4GB RAM

An old hard drive i found in my closet

Ubuntu 12.10

My PPD:

6-7k

What am i doing wrong? I was excited about getting a dedicated system up and running, hoping to crank out decent PPD to move me up in the stats. My overclocked fx4100 gets around that many PPD, so shouldn't the 8-core Opteron get much more then that?

The machine has been running most of the day (its first day running at all) on project 7523, if this helps at all. Do i just need to wait a few days and see if it jumps up?

Thanks in advance

it can very from project to project, just be patient give it a few days to balance out and then compare

Edit: i put a little google researching into this really quick and it seems that opteron isnt to great when it comes to folding and from what i could find the ppd your getting is right on par with other peoples ppd using the same chip, most of the builds ive seen that crank out the ppd using that chip are actually multi cpu systems

First off, yes, that is somewhat average PPD for that type of rig -  but as mentioned some WU's will give you more, some give you less.

If you are running Ubuntu, ensure you follow the guide over at [H]ard for optimizing it, getting the kraken running, etc...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601608

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99