If you're not getting windows 10 now

c00face

Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > on left, click on View Updates

If you are seeing the message, "Failed to upgrade to Windows 10..." more than likely your file has been corrupted, and it can't upgrade. Or, if you recently just joined the Windows 10 notification club, your files aren't done downloading.

To fix the error for corrupted files, you have restart the download.

Run > type "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" enter > delete everything in the Download folder

Run> type "CMD" > run as administrator > type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow"

It'll redownload Windows 10, and hopefully it won't be corrupted this time. The file for me is about 2.7 GB worth of download. Only took about 2-5 minutes to complete.

Bam!! lol

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I have an invite to update my PC into Windows 10. I never tried cause I don't seem to like how it works. How could I delete this suggestion?

Youre just a tad late on this...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If you are seeing the message, "Failed to upgrade to Windows 10..." more than likely your file has been corrupted, and it can't upgrade. Or, if you recently just joined the Windows 10 notification club, your files aren't done downloading.

Incorrect! The reason why you don't have Windows 10 upgrade is because either:

1- Your system is evaluated to be not Windows 10 ready YET. (Waiting for drivers). And those that forces are the ones that encounter problems, and blame on Microsoft, even thought Microsoft warned them in advance and they decide to ignore

2- You are on a different wave. So yea, sure you can force upgrade if you want.

Also, what you indicated was covered countless times on Windows 10 thread on this forum. Just for you to know.

Incorrect! The reason why you don't have Windows 10 upgrade is because either:

1- Your system is evaluated to be not Windows 10 ready YET. (Waiting for drivers). And those that forces are the ones that encounter problems, and blame on Microsoft, even thought Microsoft warned them in advance and they decide to ignore

2- You are on a different wave. So yea, sure you can force upgrade if you want.

Also, what you indicated was covered countless times on Windows 10 thread on this forum. Just for you to know.

Interesting. I thought it was just corrupted files. I went ahead and updated to Windows 10 and sure enough, encountered dozen of problems with drivers issue.

Interesting. I thought it was just corrupted files. I went ahead and updated to Windows 10 and sure enough, encountered dozen of problems with drivers issue.

Yup. The reason why you see it marked "failed" under Windows update, is that Microsoft wants you to get Win10 as soon as possible once the driver problem are fixed, and your system is updated. So it tries numerous times, and Microsoft says to Win10 setup "system not ready", so it "fails" to install, and tries again.. well checks again if it can install again, at a later time.

If it really fails to installs, then you'll see Windows 10 setup with an error message, and it would definitively tell you "Windows 10 is ready!" Message, with an "Upgrade now" button.