Help us improve origin!

hq0dBo7.png

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Haha, I have seen this before, but not posted from linux and with that great quote!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I cant help but wonder why you put 1 instead of 0

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

lol it would be amazing if they replied. I would love to see what they have to say.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Am I the only one who doesn't hate origin? I mean sure, it would be nice if all games were on steam but from a business standpoint it makes sense. I never have problems with it. At least it's not uplay.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Steam isn't all that great, but at least it didn't interrupt me every 15 minutes saying that it could not validate something when I played Mass Effect 3 (terrible game BTW).

Origin isn't even bad. EA doesn't even make bad games. You're all just stubborn, and want everything exactly to your taste lol.

The only thing I dislike about using Origin, is that I have no clue if my steam friends use it. So I'm pretty lonely on Origin lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Origin isn't as terrible as all the bandwagon haters like to think it is ;)

Im still having issues with it, either it won't connect to the servers or i can't see my friends list.

Or worse it tells me i didn't purchase a game in a trilogy so i have to fight it to make it work.

Steam has the same issue but origins can be pretty bad at times, its not reliable enough.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

they should have a -1 option for people who actively try to stop others from using it xD

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Glorified bloated advertising webpage, oh and you can see if you own an EA game ... cause you may have forgotten, how nice of them

Why should I help EA? They're supposed to serve the consumer, not the other way around.

Because most companies give out surveys? ...

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Like others say, I don't see what's wrong with origin. It's slightly annoying accessing your games through 2 programs, but really?

Origin isn't even bad. EA doesn't even make bad games. You're all just stubborn, and want everything exactly to your taste lol.

The only thing I dislike about using Origin, is that I have no clue if my steam friends use it. So I'm pretty lonely on Origin lol

EA doesn't even "make" the games. They publish, release, manage the sale of games, DLC, etc.

I

Origin isn't that bad... But it's way worse than Steam. And I like Steam's idea of having everything easily accessible in one place, things like Origin and Uplay were too late to the 'party' and just screwed it up. If EA *fist bump* wants to sell more games and become a less hated company, they need to do what everyone else does and put their games on Steam. I hate to say it, but Origin is no way for them to make their own money. They'll make more money by selling games through Steam as more people will buy them.

Origin isn't that bad... But it's way worse than Steam. And I like Steam's idea of having everything easily accessible in one place, things like Origin and Uplay were too late to the 'party' and just screwed it up. If EA *fist bump* wants to sell more games and become a less hated company, they need to do what everyone else does and put their games on Steam. I hate to say it, but Origin is no way for them to make their own money. They'll make more money by selling games through Steam as more people will buy them.

So you're not liking Origin and Uplay because they were made after Steam? It sounds like you want Steam to be the only one in its category. People will like it, but it seems... harsh to not let (or give a fair chance) for other companies to take a try.

So you're not liking Origin and Uplay because they were made after Steam? It sounds like you want Steam to be the only one in its category. People will like it, but it seems... harsh to not let (or give a fair chance) for other companies to take a try.

I was late to the party with Steam. I hated it. I've gotten used to it now, but it's definitely not my favourite platform. I only made my account in mid-2011 and I've been primarily a PC gamer since 2008 or so and been playing on PC since way before.

Part of the reason I hate Origin is that I only have it for one game (can you guess what it is?!). And I think all my friends are exactly the same. The other part, is that the only thing that they can do right, is when you install a game and copy it to the folder to save re-downloading it and it doesn't always work with that. That's something that Steam very rarely works properly with (hint, copy the folder to steam before buying it and it'll probably work - useful for when friends come round and they buy a game so you can play together but you want to play within a few minutes and not hours).

Another reason, is the deals aren't as awesome as you get on Steam.

Another reason is that the friends list doesn't work anywhere near as well as it could.

I could go on and on about why I don't like it; some of the reasons apply to Steam too.

Oh, and Uplay... Don't even get me started. I just flatout DESPISE it. And they let you buy their games on Steam! (Having said that, a friend opened it up the other day and Uplay seems to have some integration with Steam copies now! Haven't tested that theory yet, though.

With Uplay, I can't even play my game unless I run the exe for the game itself. If I try to launch from Steam, it opens up Uplay and not the game. If I launch from Uplay, it tries to get me to re-download the game because it doesn't think it's installed. Grrr....

Have had a Steam account since it launched and lets not forget about how much of a gong show it was in it's early years. It's taken them this long to be where they are today and it's far from perfect.

Is it really that much of a hassle to click on the Origin icon to play a game? Nope.

I was late to the party with Steam. I hated it. I've gotten used to it now, but it's definitely not my favourite platform. I only made my account in mid-2011 and I've been primarily a PC gamer since 2008 or so and been playing on PC since way before.

Part of the reason I hate Origin is that I only have it for one game (can you guess what it is?!). And I think all my friends are exactly the same. The other part, is that the only thing that they can do right, is when you install a game and copy it to the folder to save re-downloading it and it doesn't always work with that. That's something that Steam very rarely works properly with (hint, copy the folder to steam before buying it and it'll probably work - useful for when friends come round and they buy a game so you can play together but you want to play within a few minutes and not hours).

Another reason, is the deals aren't as awesome as you get on Steam.

Another reason is that the friends list doesn't work anywhere near as well as it could.

I could go on and on about why I don't like it; some of the reasons apply to Steam too.

Oh, and Uplay... Don't even get me started. I just flatout DESPISE it. And they let you buy their games on Steam! (Having said that, a friend opened it up the other day and Uplay seems to have some integration with Steam copies now! Haven't tested that theory yet, though.

With Uplay, I can't even play my game unless I run the exe for the game itself. If I try to launch from Steam, it opens up Uplay and not the game. If I launch from Uplay, it tries to get me to re-download the game because it doesn't think it's installed. Grrr....

i don't know why you're having those issues. I just click the icon and the game launches.

Origin does have good sales, it's just their game library isn't as large. For example, Battlefield 3 was $5 (USD) last month, Tomb Raider was %50 off, mass effect was %50, Crysis 3 was %50, etc.

The friend's list in Origin does work, but it doesn't look as good and there aren't many options. But Origin is fairly new, they'll probably add more features.

HE'S A WITCH I SAY A WITCH!!!

No but seriously this and games for windows live, bane of my existence. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

i don't know why you're having those issues. I just click the icon and the game launches.

Origin does have good sales, it's just their game library isn't as large. For example, Battlefield 3 was $5 (USD) last month, Tomb Raider was %50 off, mass effect was %50, Crysis 3 was %50, etc.

The friend's list in Origin does work, but it doesn't look as good and there aren't many options. But Origin is fairly new, they'll probably add more features.

Yeah, Origin is new, they'll add new features, the sales aren't too bad, etc. But there are problems with it, it's another overly heavy-usage program that I have to load either on startup or when I want to play a game. It uses more of my limited internet speed, it allows you to put old EA game serials into it and have them appear in Origin, but out of around 15 older EA titles I had, not one of them would work online. Also, it adds at least two more folders to my already cluttered file system. Finally... I've been using Origin since I got Battlefield 3 and I haven't seen a new feature since.

EDIT: In response to Uplaybeing a pain, I think it may be because I have things not installed in the default locations. But it's still a major nuisance.