PC and Xbox multiplayer merging with Windows 10

NanneyGoat

So I heard about DirectX12 is going to merge PC and Xbox gamers together.  Does anyone think this is a good or bad idea and why?

So I heard about DirectX12 is going to merge PC and Xbox gamers together.  Does anyone think this is a good or bad idea and why?

bad, more 12 year olds squeakers

good, #pcmasterrace we can crush them in all games with our dominate keyboard and mouse setups

WE GET 144FPS

THEY GET 30FPS

Sometimes 60

Because he had a hard drive.

bad, more 12 year olds squeakers

good, #pcmasterrace

THIS.

It'll be great to roflstomp consolefags in FPS titles.

On a more serious note, i find it to be not that bad of an idea. The only issues is that in FPS games, console players will be gimped a LOT with the controller.

But the biggest issue for me is <15 year old squeakers that claim to have fucked everyone else's mum.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It'll be great to roflstomp consolefags in FPS titles.

On a more serious note, i find it to be not that bad of an idea. The only issues is that in FPS games, console players will be gimped a LOT with the controller.

is that a  bad thing ;)

It is bad because in fps games console players are at a major disadvantage. I have tried both and keyboard and mouse for fps is much better once you get used to it. 

It is bad because in fps games console players are at a major disadvantage. I have tried both and keyboard and mouse for fps is much better once you get used to it. 

their choice :)

on my old ps3 i plugged my keyboard/mouse into it and rekt them all.

most of them claim that controller is better in fps, and this will prove them wrong.

imsure they would keep the option for xbox only players.

well. I get to rekt kids that bought COD for 70$ while I got it for less than 15 on steam summer sale ­ B)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

KB+M is superior, but gunna love the casual PC gamers who think they are better than everyone else get wrecked. 

dont think your better then someone else simply because you paid more. or spend 10x as long to get literally any game set up. 

IHMO think its great because only bought a xbone to play with console buddies. 

It depends, you can probably switch between xbox/PC multiplayer to just PC I think/hope. So I'm only seeing positives, better optimization for pc, probably more games from xbox (please halo).

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

dont think your better then someone else simply because you paid more. or spend 10x as long to get literally any game set up. 

God is that "PC gaming is so expensive" myth still going? You can build a PC equivalent to an XBone for the same price (in the UK at least) and then spend no more than £10 on any game. How is that expensive?

And your second statement was true when you just had to put in the cart and play. Now you have to install and update on consoles too. Unless you're playing Goldeneye on N64? Is that the FPS you're talking about?

KB+M is superior, but gunna love the casual PC gamers who think they are better than everyone else get wrecked. 

IHMO think its great because only bought a xbone to play with console buddies. 

Some games do benefit from controllers, like GTA V. In my opinion KB&Mouse on GTA V spoils the overall experience (namely driving). On FPS games though it's KB&M everyday

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

God is that "PC gaming is so expensive" myth still going? You can build a PC equivalent to an XBone for the same price (in the UK at least) and then spend no more than £10 on any game. How is that expensive?

And your second statement was true when you just had to put in the cart and play. Now you have to install and update on consoles too. Unless you're playing Goldeneye on N64? Is that the FPS you're talking about?

God the kid who sells 300-500$ pcs to friends to get them in pcs has no idea about budget pc building.

Try building a pc new with a legit os, headset and controller that matches a 7870 for sub 350. It just won't happen mate. Well yes, you can argue games are cheaper, I can easily argue gaming for most people is a social thing. IE, you do it with friends. There's no world where pc gaming is more economical for 2 or more people compared to a console.

For second argument, clicking "update" is a lot more turn key then my display drivers randomly taking a shit. Can say my xbone never had driver issues lol.

More then willing to debate. Most people are blind to one side or the other. It's hard to call something a myth when its true for a lot of people, and you need to show extreme edge cases to counter it

Edit: my point with my original comment was that yes, it can be cheaper, but how many people game on 350$ pcs? Very, very few considering a "mid range" gpu is that price alone