*UPDATED* Asus ROG Swift - $574.04 USD [Amazon-US]

The Pizza Thief

I've got an idea! We will split the cost and cut it in half: you get one side of the panel and I'll take the other

Kind of like what a lot of people got with the ROG swift, have you checked the images from the Amazon reviews at the bottom of the page, there is more than one case where the monitor splits up the image in black and white.

They can look it up in the store, but I would just have the link ready in your phone just in case.

Thanks !

Nice, but still expensive as f*** ^^ I'll pass on adaptive refresh rate until nvidia and AMD start supporting a common standard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Excellent monitor. I love mine.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

memes-auto-wallet-and-it%27s-gone-270241

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Nice, but still expensive as f*** ^^ I'll pass on adaptive refresh rate until nvidia and AMD start supporting a common standard.

You may find yourself waiting a while.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You may find yourself waiting a while.

that or amd will go bankrupt before they reach an accord

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Friendly reminder that this monitor had lots of issues and probably isn't worth it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Will they even or attempt to release a 21:9 144hz?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Friendly reminder that this monitor had lots of issues and probably isn't worth it

Had mine since December and haven't had a single issue with it. It's probably the best gaming monitor on the market as of now and for the current price it's a steal. 

Excellent monitor. I love mine.

Had mine since December and haven't had a single issue with it. It's probably the best gaming monitor on the market as of now and for the current price it's a steal. 

The reviews on Amazon say that after the first 6 months and up from that point the monitor starts a painful and slow death.

The reviews on Amazon say that after the first 6 months and up from that point the monitor starts a painful and slow death.

Well I'm on month 8 and it's the same as new. Reviews are worthless just from people who break stuff and blame it on them. Even if it does break, that's what warranties are for. My 34UM95 had loads of issues out of the box and that was considerably more expensive. It's just anything with a display is bound to have issues doesn't mean the entire line is bad. There's many here that probably have the Swift and have zero issues. 

gotta clear stock for the pb279q

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

A lot of people had theirs dying, getting artifacts (NOT caused by the GPU) etc. It also has problems with it being TN and so large

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Well I'm on month 8 and it's the same as new. Reviews are worthless just from people who break stuff and blame it on them. Even if it does break, that's what warranties are for. My 34UM95 had loads of issues out of the box and that was considerably more expensive. It's just anything with a display is bound to have issues doesn't mean the entire line is bad. There's many here that probably have the Swift and have zero issues. 

A lot of people had theirs dying, getting artifacts (NOT caused by the GPU) etc. It also has problems with it being TN and so large

Well anecdotes will be anecdotes, won't they? I've had mine as long as Fluffy and it's great. Best gaming monitor I've ever owned, probably the perfect choice assuming one has the budget for a 1440p rig but can't quite do 4K yet. No deaths, no artifacts, no dead pixels. G-SYNC is awesome.

TN? It's fine. I have it side by side with a PB278Q, admittedly older and PLS, should supposedly have better colours but that'd be splitting hairs, the difference is minimal. Large? It's a 27" monitor, so yeah it's fairly large, but it's the same general dimensions as any other 27" monitor. Actually for the screen alone, it's slimmer than the PB278Q by a decent margin. If I had a size issue, it does have a hefty power brick, but that sits in the darkness behind a desk.

Admittedly, the revised PB279Q does look like a very nice improvement, but it's a ) not on sale right now, this is and b ) the new one will probably come with the massive launch price tag of the old one, not this price which could be less prohibitive.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Is there a new ROG Swift?? I didn't know that.

at Computex Asus announced the pg279q which is IPS 1440p 144hz G-sync, there hasn't been any articles about it for months now though and they haven't given it a release date either.

CIS Student

Bleeding Panther

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-5820K | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX | Thermatake TG-7 | Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GBx2 | Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB x2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass | EVGA 850 G2 | Corsair Air Series SP120x6 | Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master 2S | Audio-Technica M50x Headphones

at Computex Asus announced the pg279q which is IPS 1440p 144hz G-sync, there hasn't been any articles about it for months now though and they haven't given it a release date either.

The best I have on this right now after scratching around the internet for a few weeks are vague rumors of review samples going out in mid-late August and a general release about mid September. Quite honestly I'll believe it when I see it..... and then buy 3 of them!

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I LOVE my ROG SWIFT. Sure, it's a TN panel but a damn good one at that. The color and viewing angles are about as good as it gets on TN. I haven't once thought to myself "I wish the color was better." With all that said if I was buying a monitor today I would probably go with Acer's 1440p 144hz ips panel because they're about the same price. I'll be keeping my ROG SWIFT until a 4k high refresh G-Sync panel is available (hopefully Pascal offers DisplayPort 1.3 or something similar to allow this)

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

The best I have on this right now after scratching around the internet for a few weeks are vague rumors of review samples going out in mid-late August and a general release about mid September. Quite honestly I'll believe it when I see it..... and then buy 3 of them!

If it's priced around 700, which it has to be to compete with the Acer monitor, then I'm at least buying 2. 

CIS Student

Bleeding Panther

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-5820K | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX | Thermatake TG-7 | Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GBx2 | Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB x2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass | EVGA 850 G2 | Corsair Air Series SP120x6 | Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master 2S | Audio-Technica M50x Headphones

-snip-

Comparison:

US Price - 689 Dollars

UK Price - 936 Dollars

• 4 weeks later...

I love my ROG swift, absolutely phenomenal.  Colors are 95% of my PB278Q IPS secondary 1440p monitor, whilst being BUTTER SMOOTH.

For $650 I say get one!!!!!

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089