How is ACER customer service is it good

Metro

Hello

How is ACERs customer service now, is it good, looking at buying the Predator X34 Gsync monitor. Also how is there warranty service at the moment.

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

My experience with Acer's customer service has been awful. I just gave up with getting my monitor replaced. 

Last time I used them was a number of years ago and it was abysmal. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

I tried to contact Acer support about removing a BIOS password (location of CMOS jumper) on an Iconia tab and it was like talking to a brick wall.

Eventually got hold of a contact from police (I work at Fire) who is a rep for Acer and he just gave me the stuff I needed (USB files to flash).

They are good if you can get a hold of a decent technician, but their frontline support sucks major bawllz

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

My experience has been awesome,  Hdd in laptop shit itself, they sent me a postage slip all I had to do was send it with the pre-paid slip and a week later it came back with a brand new hdd and fresh install.  No questions no worries.

I also had to call them over a cash back offer they didn't honor. They said they received the application late, when I told them that was because the shop I bought it from didn't deliver the goods until a week late (even though it had been purchased and paid for during the offer period), they simply authorised the cheque and it was in the mail the next day.

This year will determine how good they are on the commercial side of things for me, I have started seeing the roll out of ACER laptops through the dept of education.  That is a pretty big order.  The techs will soon tell me if they are worse than Lenovo or not for after sales service.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It also seems ASUS is starting to become terrible with customer support and QC at the moment.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Hello

How is ACERs customer service now, is it good, looking at buying the Predator X34 Gsync monitor. Also how is there warranty service at the moment.

Thanks

When looking at 1440p monitors I looked at Acer because they had competitive pricing, and actually bought a used monitor on Amazon. I read nothing but horror stories about people trying to get their monitors fixed to no avail. I had to send it back because the listed position was very inaccurate, and ended up going Dell a couple months later. I would personally avoid them.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

My experience has been awesome,  Hdd in laptop shit itself, they sent me a postage slip all I had to do was send it with the pre-paid slip and a week later it came back with a brand new hdd and fresh install.  No questions no worries.

I also had to call them over a cash back offer they didn't honor. They said they received the application late, when I told them that was because the shop I bought it from didn't deliver the goods until a week late (even though it had been purchased and paid for during the offer period), they simply authorised the cheque and it was in the mail the next day.

This year will determine how good they are on the commercial side of things for me, I have started seeing the roll out of ACER laptops through the dept of education.  That is a pretty big order.  The techs will soon tell me if they are worse than Lenovo or not for after sales service.

Could you tell me what happens

Sure, I won't have all the information, mostly just snippets from here and there and of course what the IT tell me they are seeing around the different schools.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Once I'd to RMA my Acer laptop, it was pretty EZ. I called them, they sent me an SMS with the RMA number to ship it. Though it took a bit more than a week, but it ended up good. 0 € spent.

This was in Spain, IDK if it's the same wherever you live

This is a signature.

Well, as it turns out the department has always used acer's alongside Lenovo and it has been the schools choice. It would appear I have only been involved with schools that walked the lenovo path.    I was talking to the tech manager from a large secondary school, they have been using acer laptops in their school for years now and have the same experience with after sales service as with lenovo.  Apparently they don't even look at brand when buying because the product quality and service is no different. 

Well, as it turns out the department has always used acer's alongside Lenovo and it has been the schools choice. It would appear I have only been involved with schools that walked the lenovo path.    I was talking to the tech manager from a large secondary school, they have been using acer laptops in their school for years now and have the same experience with after sales service as with lenovo.  Apparently they don't even look at brand when buying because the product quality and service is no different. 

So ACER are not that bad then, I have also looked at customer service for ASUS, they seem terrible as well now

It used to be absolutely terrible. Like reeeeaaaally terrible. Supposedly it's gotten a lot better though.

or everyone else has just gotten worse. :lol:

So ACER are not that bad then, I have also looked at customer service for ASUS, they seem terrible as well now

Personally, I still consider them to be the entry level budget option.  They aren't as sturdy or well built as some of the more expensive brands, however In my experience if you look after them they serve their purpose.

That's definitely not true. :D Overall tech customer service has gotten a lot better the past 10 years, to the point where you can actually trust that if you buy something and it breaks, they will fix it for you. :D Just look at ASUS, Corsair, EVGA and all the other giants. The ones I've dealt with have been swift and just. :) That certainly wasn't always the case.

Personally, I still consider them to be the entry level budget option.  They aren't as sturdy or well built as some of the more expensive brands, however In my experience if you look after them they serve their purpose.

Well this monitor is £1000 so it should be well built, the other version of it got a good review

That's definitely not true. :D Overall tech customer service has gotten a lot better the past 10 years, to the point where you can actually trust that if you buy something and it breaks, they will fix it for you. :D Just look at ASUS, Corsair, EVGA and all the other giants. The ones I've dealt with have been swift and just. :) That certainly wasn't always the case.

Hmmmm, I think manufacturing has gotten better overall, And with it costing less it is becoming a better option for manufacturers to simply replace an item rather than suffer the bad reputation that may come from it (especially now with internet forums such a large place for easily discussed experiences). But as far as customer service goes, I think it really depends who you talk to, I have heard a lot of complaints about Asus recently,  I'll grant though that is anecdotal as I've personally never had to call or talk to Asus CS before.

On a side note, when I was working for a large manufacturer in Melbourne, we had a seminar on the importance of building better and offering better service, not to beat the competition directly, but to prevent the uptick in online reputation from going bad.  Research was showing that our product (not a computer related product) was increasingly being searched for and discussed in forums and that product/services opinions were having a large impact on a persons decision to buy our brand.  Having been a member on online forums almost since their inception I knew exactly what they were talking about.  (this might explain why I am pedantic about technicalities and not shooting a company down based on assumptions). 

Pretty shitty for me, PC never came back working twice under warranty. At that point we gave up.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case