How to cool the Samsung SM951/XP941 M.2 SSD's?

js123

Any ideas?

Mine's running in the mid-40's celsius which is 15 degrees or more above the rest of the system (inc. some 13 mechanical HDD's).

I have a windowed case but the window is perspex/acrylic so I don't really want to start drilling and cutting into it just yet.

Air... I really don't know how you cool an ssd other than air...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Is it running at 45C really a problem? They are designed to function in laptops with little or no airflow, where they all most certainly get hotter than in your PC.

Air... I really don't know how you cool an ssd other than air...

you could try buying some heatsinks and sticking those on the chips. tough generally having some airflow over the SSD should be enough.

There are 2 fans drawing in from the front of the case, albeit through the drive cages. Might have to find a way to rig something up, I liked the acrylic mount in one of Linus' fractal build videos.

Any ideas?

Mine's running in the mid-40's celsius which is 15 degrees or more above the rest of the system (inc. some 13 mechanical HDD's).

I have a windowed case but the window is perspex/acrylic so I don't really want to start drilling and cutting into it just yet.

They only start to throttle at 82c, and reviews have them at 35c idle ,so your temps aren't that bad, but if you really want to cool it, you could get a antec spotcool to cool it (http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Spot-Cool-SpotCool-System/dp/B000I5KSNQ)

They only start to throttle at 82c, and reviews have them at 35c idle ,so your temps aren't that bad, but if you really want to cool it, you could get a antec spotcool to cool it (http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Spot-Cool-SpotCool-System/dp/B000I5KSNQ)

Precisely what I was looking for although I didn't know they made them. Thank You Flamewalker