Antec HCG-620w vs Corsair TX 650w vs Seasonic M12II-650w

yachint
Go to solution Solved by quan289,

Which TX650 are you getting? Got a link to it? If that's a TX650v2, it's a Seasonic SS-650AT unit. It's a solid mid-range unit; however, unlike other iteration of it such as the XFX Core Edition 650w, it only offer you two native PCIe connectors forcing you to used molex connectors, whereas others offer four PCIe connectors. This is also true for the other TX650, so unless you are getting it for a better price than the others, I'll pass on them.

The Antec HCG-620 is a group regulated Seasonic S12II Bronze unit. I would go with the Seasonic M12II Bronze over it for DC-DC rather than the group-regulated Antec.

You have not mentioned what video cards you have and whether or not you will want to SLI/CFX. If you want us to provide an alternative, it would also be helpful to know what country/state you are from (and provide links to stores that you are able to buy from) and your budget.

I'm confused between these 3 PSU's. Some reviews say that the TX 650 is a rebranded version of seasonic's PSU, some say that Antec's HCG is also very good. The only 3 things I want from these PSU's are:-

1. Long cables, especially the CPU power cable (which a lot of people face issues when installing there PSU's).

2. Most PCI-E 6+2 pin cables so that in the future if I want a littler beefier card I don't have to swap out my power supply.

3. Continous Stable Power.

My Planned Rig:-

Fx 8350 @4.3ghz

Cooler master hyper 212

Ga-990fx ud3

500gb hard drive

8gb RAM 1600mhz

One of the three PSU's

Aoc 21.5 inch 1080p monitor

Cooler master K281 Mid tower case

Thanks in advance :)

They are all very good? Pick the cheapest.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Which TX650 are you getting? Got a link to it? If that's a TX650v2, it's a Seasonic SS-650AT unit. It's a solid mid-range unit; however, unlike other iteration of it such as the XFX Core Edition 650w, it only offer you two native PCIe connectors forcing you to used molex connectors, whereas others offer four PCIe connectors. This is also true for the other TX650, so unless you are getting it for a better price than the others, I'll pass on them.

The Antec HCG-620 is a group regulated Seasonic S12II Bronze unit. I would go with the Seasonic M12II Bronze over it for DC-DC rather than the group-regulated Antec.

You have not mentioned what video cards you have and whether or not you will want to SLI/CFX. If you want us to provide an alternative, it would also be helpful to know what country/state you are from (and provide links to stores that you are able to buy from) and your budget.

I'm confused between these 3 PSU's. Some reviews say that the TX 650 is a rebranded version of seasonic's PSU, some say that Antec's HCG is also very good. The only 3 things I want from these PSU's are:-

1. Long cables, especially the CPU power cable (which a lot of people face issues when installing there PSU's).

2. Most PCI-E 6+2 pin cables so that in the future if I want a littler beefier card I don't have to swap out my power supply.

3. Continous Stable Power.

My Planned Rig:-

Fx 8350 @4.3ghz

Cooler master hyper 212

Ga-990fx ud3

500gb hard drive

8gb RAM 1600mhz

One of the three PSU's

HD 7870

Aoc 21.5 inch 1080p monitor

Cooler master K281 Mid tower case

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry I had forgot to mention that I am also getting a HD 7870 and I don't want to crossfire or SLI, just want to run a strong single GPU.

I am currently in India and if I convert my currency to dollars then its about 70$-90$ (referring to newegg.com for us prices and flipkart.com for Indian prices). I just went to newegg and saw that not a whole lot of people had got seasonic and antec vs corsair which had got a lot of reviews. Plz help me make my final decision, all 3 PSU's are good but I want one which is more tested than the others.

I recently read the reviews of M12II 650w and after reading them on newegg it seems that this power supply is very loud so do you think it should be good buying a M12II ?