Win 10 forever

EMENCII

Hello guys,

I thought of something. Microsoft uses a different key for windows 10, not the old 8.1's, which is bound to the pc's hardware. So if I want to install win10 on another pc (or changing hw) I would have to buy another copy. Here's my thought:

In a few weeks, I'll reinstall win8 with the disk, and update it to win10. I'll then clone it to a USB drive, which is going to remain safe under the cushion. Then, when i want to reinstall the whole thing, hardware and whatnot, I'll clone it back on a clean SSD.

Problem: if the license checks the activation or something, it should deactivate because of the hw changes.

So, thoughts about how to get win10 after the 29th next year with a win8 disk and win10 iso? That's what I have, and I wouldn't like to spend another 60 bucks on win10 pro. (that's the price i payed for win8 pro ^^)

Regards,

EMENCII

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Your free copy doesn't run out? It's not a trial? It's valid forever... 

I'm confused about what the question is. 

Basically, if you get problems with activation when you've changed hardware, give a call to microsoft, tell them that the MB broke, and you replaced it.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Install windows 10 and use the phone activation option, and it should register as geniune windows software, it worked with my copy of windows 7 on three diferent PCs

Your free copy doesn't run out? It's not a trial? It's valid forever... 

I'm confused about what the question is. 

He's asking if his Windows 10 licence is bound to his hardware, so if a substantial PC upgrade such as a motherboard would require him to buy the OS again.

the windows 10 free upgrade is only for a year

No it's not. 

No it's not. 

i think you misunderstood me

from 7/29/2015 - 7/29/2016 you can upgrade your system to windows 10

and if you do that license is yours and you get to keep it forever

after 7/29/2016 the offer expires so the only way will be to pay for a license

i think you misunderstood me

from 7/29/2015 - 7/29/2016 you can upgrade your system to windows 10

and if you do that license is yours and you get to keep it forever

after 7/29/2016 the offer expires so the only way will be to pay for a license

Ah, yes, sorry. 

No it's not. 

the windows 10 free upgrade is only for a year

He's asking if his Windows 10 licence is bound to his hardware, so if a substantial PC upgrade such as a motherboard would require him to buy the OS again.

Basically... If i bought another pc after an year... I only have win8's disk

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS