Windows Updates necessary?

OneManCruel

Hi guys.

I've been told that Windows Updates are unnecessary and not recommended.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons about this? I have a very long list of uninstalled windows updates because of that and i wanted to hear what you guys have to say about that.

Thanks!

post-61410-0-33982300-1438342772.png

I recommend the updates if you go for Windows 10.

All of those updates will take...a long fucking time, I don't recommend going for them.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Windows updates usually contain critical security fixes, don't disable them.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nah windows updates totally contain viruses

/s

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Are you mental? Yes they are recommended..there are programmers working daily to patch things and people are against updates...?

Thank you for your rudeness! Is it really that hard to comment and dont make an ass out of yourself just right away?

Dude, think before you act.

The updates are unnecessary if you don't connect to the internet, external media or a network or have an excellent networking firewall with incoming and outgoing active packet inspection. Most of the updates are for security holes in the software as well as new features that you probably won't use but they have added.

The people who say "windows updates are crap" and "not needed" and "don't do it" are either people who have pirated OS copies or follow just word of mouth or just don't want to do it<---this is in the minority.

Any OS/program needs to be updated especially in a time where any toilet brush can learn coding or get scripts online from some other toilet brush and decide to shit with your PC.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

<_<

Updates? Why in the world you not do updates? Whomever told you they were uneccesary is a moron.

If you connect to internet you need them.

If do not connect to the internet they not completey necessary, but updates do provide improvements over time forsome things.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

<_<

Updates? Why in the world you not do updates? Whomever told you they were uneccesary is a moron.

If you connect to internet you need them.

If do not connect to the internet they not completey necessary, but updates do provide improvements over time forsome things.

Thank you, im downloading them ASAP