Cherry Blues + Mic = Angry Friends. Any ideas on how to calm the beasts?

I've decided that I love Cherry Blues. My only problem is that if I bring a keyboard full of them home and hop on my computer, my friends will become demons. The sound of Blues is unacceptable to them because they have the "master race reds" (MRR.) They say that "MRRs" are superior because they are quieter and double tap faster, but the feel and sound of blues is heaven to me. My mic will almost definitely pick up the sound of Blues and they will try to murder me. I use a G230 headset (which will soon be buried and remembered because of the many drops that it has suffered by my clumsy hands) and I want to know if you guys have had this problem and possibly how to deal with it. If I find no viable fix, I shall befriend the Browns which I like too, just not as much. Also, what is you're recommendation of a good, cheap Browns keyboard with backlighting and preferably a wrist rest? Thanks.

Hi.

Push to talk. If you use Skype when gaming, shame on you. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I just told my friends to deal wit it. They did. 

Push to talk. If you use Skype when gaming, shame on you. 

I use Skype when gaming. What's the matter?

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

OMG ... who use skype for gaming ? you have 0 control on skype ! And push to talk is a must have for everyone

If you use skype you can activate a push to talk too. It just requires a bit of ingeniousness. (Go into your settings, and set a hotkey for "toggle mute" then when ever you enter a call mute yourself on skypes UI and when ever you want to talk, hold down that key. It's effectively a backwards push-to-talk button.)

Also, there are o-rings that you can get that will help with the sound of the key bottoming out, but they can make it feel squishy in my experience.

Or, don't listen to your friends. If they fell red's are the superior key, kindly let them know they're wrong. I once saw an article written by a brilliant guy by the pseudo name of Atmos who compared the red's softness, and mushiness in nature to that of a high-end membrane keyboard. And if they continue to complain, keep shoving their membrane keyboard mx switches down their throat till they understand the power of the clicky switch.

#ClickySwitchMasterRace

EDIT:: Actually kinda funny, my mates HATE clicky keyboards too, or at least a lot of them used to. But since we use skype they eventually just got over it. That and I managed to convert a couple of them into razer/mx blue fans, the clickiest of the clicky switch.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Has anyone used the Razer Blackwidow? They seem like an affordable option and I could just get the Stealth version if it comes to it.

Hi.

If you use skype you can activate a push to talk too. It just requires a bit of ingeniousness. (Go into your settings, and set a hotkey for "toggle mute" then when ever you enter a call mute yourself on skypes UI and when ever you want to talk, hold down that key. It's effectively a backwards push-to-talk button.)

Also, there are o-rings that you can get that will help with the sound of the key bottoming out, but they can make it feel squishy in my experience.

Or, don't listen to your friends. If they fell red's are the superior key, kindly let them know they're wrong. I once saw an article written by a brilliant guy by the pseudo name of Atmos who compared the red's softness, and mushiness in nature to that of a high-end membrane keyboard. And if they continue to complain, keep shoving their membrane keyboard mx switches down their throat till they understand the power of the clicky switch.

#ClickySwitchMasterRace

EDIT:: Actually kinda funny, my mates HATE clicky keyboards too, or at least a lot of them used to. But since we use skype they eventually just got over it. That and I managed to convert a couple of them into razer/mx blue fans, the clickiest of the clicky switch.

I'm assuming that you've used the Blackwidow because you said that you managed to convert them to Razer switch fans. Does it feel like it uses Blues? I just heard that Razer uses "cheap Chinese switches" and that they suck.

Hi.

I'm assuming that you've used the Blackwidow because you said that you managed to convert them to Razer switch fans. Does it feel like it uses Blues? I just heard that Razer uses "cheap Chinese switches" and that they suck.

A lot of that is mx purist talk. Believe it or not, I thought mx blues were my favorite, but after the unfortunate death of my last keyboard (Thanks cat) I decided to give razer a try. They're different, but have some of the same qualities. The keys wiggle, maybe only very very slightly more than an MX blue, and perhaps have a slightly higher pitched tone. The actuation point is rather pronounced, as it should be on a clicky swtich, but it just seems to type faster than a blue (The actuation point is higher up on the switch)

Overall, I love razer's switch. If I could, I wouldn't go back to browns or blues, but alas, I really like the way corsair's keyboards look, and I really like the metal housing. It's all down to preference really though, I just happen to be in the minority who prefer's razer's switch over cherry's offerings. And with some tendonitis setting in, a wrist wrest is something I need to keep in mind as well, razer doesn't have the best built in wrest, so an aftermarket just has to do.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Has anyone used the Razer Blackwidow? They seem like an affordable option and I could just get the Stealth version if it comes to it.

I'm not a big fan of the new switches in Razer's keyboards. They are basically Kailh switches (Cherry clones, fucking terrible) that have been tweaked by Razer. They're made in China. I have only tried the clicky Razer switch, and I had nothing to complain about the switch itself, but we have no information about long term use. My biggest problem with the BW is its price. The switches are dirt cheap (at least I assume) and the price of the KB hasn't dropped significantly. 

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

A lot of that is mx purist talk. Believe it or not, I thought mx blues were my favorite, but after the unfortunate death of my last keyboard (Thanks cat) I decided to give razer a try. They're different, but have some of the same qualities. The keys wiggle, maybe only very very slightly more than an MX blue, and perhaps have a slightly higher pitched tone. The actuation point is rather pronounced, as it should be on a clicky swtich, but it just seems to type faster than a blue (The actuation point is higher up on the switch)

Overall, I love razer's switch. If I could, I wouldn't go back to browns or blues, but alas, I really like the way corsair's keyboards look, and I really like the metal housing. It's all down to preference really though, I just happen to be in the minority who prefer's razer's switch over cherry's offerings.

Thanks, I was deciding whether or not to go with The Blackwidow or the K70. I decided to pick the Blackwidow because it has macros and because the cheapest K70 ($129.99)  I could find was much more expensive than the cheapest Blackwidow ($75) I could find.

Hi.

I rate using blues in a public setting worse than say, playing loud music on your phone's mic on a subway. It's just annoying, and don't be that person. Your love and passion towards something isn't justification on irritating others. 

There is nothing wrong with getting another keyboard for when playing with others. And don't speak like you are subtly scorning red switches, when it comes to mechanical switches there is only preference no good or bad. Take what they say as their preference. If your enjoy their company when playing games, there is not reason not to respect them when choosing what you will be using.

I've decided that I love Cherry Blues. My only problem is that if I bring a keyboard full of them home and hop on my computer, my friends will become demons. The sound of Blues is unacceptable to them because they have the "master race reds" (MRR.) They say that "MRRs" are superior because they are quieter and double tap faster, but the feel and sound of blues is heaven to me. My mic will almost definitely pick up the sound of Blues and they will try to murder me. I use a G230 headset (which will soon be buried and remembered because of the many drops that it has suffered by my clumsy hands) and I want to know if you guys have had this problem and possibly how to deal with it. If I find no viable fix, I shall befriend the Browns which I like too, just not as much. Also, what is you're recommendation of a good, cheap Browns keyboard with backlighting and preferably a wrist rest? Thanks.

You can buy O-Ring dampeners for your keyboard.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-accessories/cherry-mx-rubber-o-ring-switch-dampeners-125pcs.html

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |