Fan speed responds to CPU LOAD NOT TEMP!

Relations

Hi LTT forums!

It's that time once again, where I'm out of options and the LTT community's magic might just help me.

Here's the situation.

I have a CoolerMaster Seidon 240M in my build. It works great, but the fans are hell'a loud. Solution? Asus AI Suit 3 (Fan Xpert 3). So i went to set up my fan curves to my liking, and played around with some OC etc etc, then as I was running P95, I noticed that regardless what I set my fan speeds to, the fans will just spin at 100% when there is a load on the CPU. 

Now you can imagine how terrifying is that.  So I went to play around with the software, hoping something will keep the fans from becoming demon possessed, Fix RPM mode - nope, increase fan spin up time - nope, selecting auto fan off -  nope, the only thing that works is if I set my temperature source to MOTHERBOARD instead of CPU. Doesn't really help does it. 

Here's my system :
i5 4690k @4.7GHZ

8GB DDR3 running at 1860 XMP
Windows 10 x64

Asus Z97M-plus

Leadtek WIndforce GTX970

CM Seidon 240M

My Pump is set to the CPU fan header, that's set to fix RPM mode and always runs at 100%. My rad fans are joint to a Fan Spliter and that's connected to Chassis Fan 2 (CHA-2). BIOS fan settings are all left at default (Optimized default)

Dont ask me to consult the asus forums or contact Raja @ ROG, I messaged him 7 months ago and he has yet to reply me, same goes to the forums, 17 views, all mine. 

Open to any suggestions and any work arounds. 

Regards,

Relations.

EDIT : My Idle temps are around 35C and under P95 they're around 70C.

one piece of information is missing: what are your temps? (idle and 100% load)

You forgot to follow your thread ^_^ quoted you so you get notified of the response.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Hi LTT forums!

It's that time once again, where I'm out of options and the LTT community's magic might just help me.

Here's the situation.

My Pump is set to the CPU fan header, that's set to fix RPM mode and always runs at 100%. My rad fans are joint to a Fan Spliter and that's connected to Chassis Fan 2 (CHA-2). BIOS fan settings are all left at default (Optimized default)

Try switching your headers around, so that your CPU fans are on the CPU header and the pump is on another header. The CPU fan header really isn't meant for controlling the pump(since its speed doesn't matter) and the system fans aren't controlled directly from the CPU temps.

one piece of information is missing: what are your temps? (idle and 100% load)

Added. 

You forgot to follow your thread ^_^ quoted you so you get notified of the response.

Thank you :)

Try switching your headers around, so that your CPU fans are on the CPU header and the pump is on another header. The CPU fan header really isn't meant for controlling the pump(since its speed doesn't matter) and the system fans aren't controlled directly from the CPU temps.

Will try that now

So I changed around the headers as @QueenDemetria said, and here is what I got.

There is this new option called Extreme Quiet in Fan Xpert. With reference to the image bellow,  when Extreme Quiet is enabled, the fans stay under RED line/arrow, even under full load. Note that the orange dot is the current fan speed, and as you can see, without load, it responds to temps correctly. When P95 is ran and the temperature is increased, the orange dot slowly moves to the right side of the graph, along RED line/arrow, until it hits point GREEN. When the temperature hits a point on the fan curve that is outside the "extreme quiet" zone, THE FAN SPINS TO 100%.

qJ6oUbj.jpg

So. Basically this is what I did and what happened if you didnt understand all that above.

1. Ran P95, load 100%

2. Fans rev up to RED line, temps increase

3. Temps hits fan curve line @58C and REVS to 100% (underload)

4. Load is removed while CPU is at 65C, fans drop to the correct point on the fan curve.

5. Cpu cools down and enters the "Extreme quiet" zone.

Im getting desperate :(

Check your bios for a "max CPU temperature" or something along those lines, cause your bios could be ramping up the fans because it thinks its "overheating" according to the user defined "max temp".

Check your bios for a "max CPU temperature" or something along those lines, cause your bios could be ramping up the fans because it thinks its "overheating" according to the user defined "max temp".

There's no such value in the UEFI BIOS. I have set custom values for every fan in my system, but still, it seems to respond to the load. :/ Not cool at all.  

in fan xpert 3 try messing around with the critical temperature settings, raise it a bit or whatever

I have no idea where is that option for "Critical temperature"