Revert to 7

Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

Align -> Left

If you revert to 7 you're still able to upgrade to 10 free within the year's time period. Btw, don't upgrade to something as soon as it releases, bugs will always happen.

I've been thinking, with the major downside of Windows 10 this PC I'm running feels like a car with no gas. But it still works.
So if I revert back to Windows 7, what's the catch?

My brother told me that if I do that, do I lose the ability to come back to Windows 10? If the new OS is finally fixed.
I read up the guide on replacing the unstable updates Win 10 came with- but according what what my brother thinks. He has a custom rig of his own as well.
I should of removed all the nvidia drivers before I upgraded. I even tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers and that failed to uninstall- like. Windows 10 has a death grip on what ever you got from 7.

Idea is that, if I to revert back to 7. Do I lose my free upgrade back to Windows 10.

If it's fixed.

You should be able to go back, but theres nothing wrong with it, if you upgraded naturally. 

If you forced, You have 0 right to complain.

If you upgrade naturally it will work should  no problem.

Align -> Left

If you revert to 7 you're still able to upgrade to 10 free within the year's time period. Btw, don't upgrade to something as soon as it releases, bugs will always happen.

I've been thinking, with the major downside of Windows 10 this PC I'm running feels like a car with no gas. But it still works.

So if I revert back to Windows 7, what's the catch?

My brother told me that if I do that, do I lose the ability to come back to Windows 10? If the new OS is finally fixed.

I read up the guide on replacing the unstable updates Win 10 came with- but according what what my brother thinks. He has a custom rig of his own as well.

I should of removed all the nvidia drivers before I upgraded. I even tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers and that failed to uninstall- like. Windows 10 has a death grip on what ever you got from 7.

Idea is that, if I to revert back to 7. Do I lose my free upgrade back to Windows 10.

If it's fixed.

For uninstalling the nvida drivers I had to go into task manager and end all nvidia processes, then go into add or remove programs and remove all the different nvidia programs/drivers.

After doing that I installed the latest drivers from nvidia's site (NOTE FOR BEFORE REMOVING DRIVERS: In the search go to "Device installation settings", then check "No, let me chose what to do" and check "Never install driver software from windows update", this will prevent windows from fucking it back up with its auto install shit)

Then everything was working correctly. (for now)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No you can revert and upgrade in the future for free if you want. As long as it's still within in the free year

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015