Jump the queue get windows 10 now!

Ykno

Quick question regarding this, can this also be done on a Computer that didn't receive the reserve Win10 app yet? Because I have another PC that is 8.1 but it hasn't received its "Reserve Win10 app" yet :D

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

Just updated. Super easy. I jumped the line. 

Is it?  the backup part sounded time consuming and I'm lazy.  I think I'll just wait like a good little soldier.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

RZkAtWN.png

fleb_spongebob_squidward-EPIC-frown.jpg

The same thing just happened to me. No idea why.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

I tried running the update that way, and at about 5% of installing windows 10, my PC reboots and it says something about an error, and something involving safeOS. It also gives me this error code:

0x80070006 - 0x2000C

Anyone know what's up?

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

How do I install it as a fresh install without having to get the key? I havewindows 8, but I can't install to my C drive, it wouldn't let me save it to the drive, I had to save it in documents.. but It says it isn't on the same drive as partition,  BUT I REMOVED MY D DRIVE TO FIX THAT ISSUE! It wouldn't work, so I need to do a fresh install, how do I do that without needed the license key, and plz don't try to find the issue, I just need to know how to do a fresh install, I don't wanna save all  of my crapware over anyway.. 

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

I already have windows but I am trying to fresh install it back on my SSD and I finally got it to load and work but now it says the SSD is not GPT and it is MBR and SSDs can't be GPT when I tried to go into the command prompt and change it and it says drives like this can't be changed. 

you cant clean install!

Quick question regarding this, can this also be done on a Computer that didn't receive the reserve Win10 app yet? Because I have another PC that is 8.1 but it hasn't received its "Reserve Win10 app" yet :D

run it and try the app will tell you if it can before i does anything as it chekcs your pc

How do I install it as a fresh install without having to get the key? I havewindows 8, but I can't install to my C drive, it wouldn't let me save it to the drive, I had to save it in documents.. but It says it isn't on the same drive as partition,  BUT I REMOVED MY D DRIVE TO FIX THAT ISSUE! It wouldn't work, so I need to do a fresh install, how do I do that without needed the license key, and plz don't try to find the issue, I just need to know how to do a fresh install, I don't wanna save all  of my crapware over anyway.. 

to clean install windows 10

microsoft told me this is how you do it

Install clean windows 8.1

upgrade to windows 10

then do this

Clean up your drives without doing a clean install

Finally, getting games to run well on your PC is a lot about maintenance. Get off to a good start with Windows 10 by doing some disk cleanup.

Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and type “Disk cleanup.” Hit the “Disk cleanup” option at the top of the start menu.

Disk-Cleanup-403x600.png

Choose the drive that hosts your primary Windows folder. This is probably C:\, but it should also say “Windows.”

choose-drive.png

Select “Clean up system files” on the bottom left of the menu. It’s not in the list of options — it is just above the “OK” button.

Clean-up-system-files-469x600.png

Once again, select your Windows drive and hit OK. In this new list, you can just go with the default cleanup — or you can also delete your previous Windows installations. I went ahead and deleted my previous installations (and got back 15 GB of space in the process) because I’m not going back to Windows 8.1.

windows-installations.png

(Only check windows.old if you dont want to roll back to windows 8.1 inside the time frame of when that is possible)

so ye sucks but to all people that think you need a clean install why? its just a factoid as long as your pc is in good health and you back up anything important you will be fine and just as fast as a clean install if it was somehting you needed to do would microsoft tell you to do it :/

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

Moved to Operating Systems and Software. This is not a thread for Tech News.

well it was news as i was posting that you can jump the queue :P

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

you cant clean install!

run it and try the app will tell you if it can before i does anything as it chekcs your pc

to clean install windows 10

microsoft told me this is how you do it

Install clean windows 8.1

upgrade to windows 10

then do this

Clean up your drives without doing a clean install

Finally, getting games to run well on your PC is a lot about maintenance. Get off to a good start with Windows 10 by doing some disk cleanup.

Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and type “Disk cleanup.” Hit the “Disk cleanup” option at the top of the start menu.

-snip pictures-

I'm already doing a clean install, I need to get rid of all my trash. Thx tho.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

I'm already doing a clean install, I need to get rid of all my trash. Thx tho.

where did you get your windows 10 key from to do a clean install?

where did you get your windows 10 key from to do a clean install?

I am just going to use Windows8, well reinstall it, so I don't have issues uPGRADING to windows 10. Don't worry. I have this covered, my only question is, since I only know were my 32 BIT disk is, so if I just download 32bit, I can still upgrade to win 10 64bit, right? Well anyway.. YOLO, i'm going to try win 32 bit right now.. win 8.

I tried to do this but it crashes before the first reboot and says update failed. No error message :(

I am just going to use Windows8, well reinstall it, so I don't have issues uPGRADING to windows 10. Don't worry. I have this covered, my only question is, since I only know were my 32 BIT disk is, so if I just download 32bit, I can still upgrade to win 10 64bit, right? Well anyway.. YOLO, i'm going to try win 32 bit right now.. win 8.

no that wont work windows 10 upgrades your installed version so if you have 32bit installed u will get upgraded to windows 10 32bit us

use this link to make your windows 8.1 64bit iso to installed winodws 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

no that wont work windows 10 upgrades your installed version so if you have 32bit installed u will get upgraded to windows 10 32bit us

use this link to make your windows 8.1 64bit iso to installed winodws 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Yeah, I kinda found that out, but  tomorrow, I'ma goto a local shop that has SO MANY DIFFERENT install disc's, I don't have a USB drive that holds enough, and original install disc is my best bet since a install disk got me 32bit WIN 10.. So I'ma buy a win 8.1 64bit disk at the local shop... Since I lost mine  :/